Abu Dhabi Motors (BMW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abu Dhabi Motors (BMW)

So I had a quiet afternoon, I though I would go to abu dhabi motors (BMW dealers in Abi dhabi) to see what's the deal with this new modification law and how will this effect their modified vehicles.

I have a Hamann back box and I was trying to see if the car was sold with the modified exhaust. Unfortunatly they couldnt b of any help as I had to visit the mussafah branch. However since I was there I had a good look at some of the new models, I was very impressed with the new F30 335i and took some details from the salesman.

He was very helpful. He informed me if that the current generation had a newly designed engine, I asked him what was the engine designation or code ? I asked like N54 or N55? He said no its F30. I took a deep breath and asked no I mean the engine on the 335i, he said we call this the F30 all of it including the engine......

Now considering this guy was Middle Eastern and I spoke in English and Arabic I left somewhat disappointed. But the new 335i is an amazing car.

Tommorow to mussafah! To sort out the exhaust saga! Before the 10 June deadline when common sense goes out the window !
    Current:
    E86 Z4M, Caroline

I already removed my cans! :(

Feel less threatened by the cops but I miss the base and that sound of high rev shifts! :(
    [SIZE="1"]Current:

'09 911 Turbo | Basalt Black | 6speed Manual | SSK |mcchip-dkr Stage2 550hp | Speedtech X-flow 3.0 exhaust | Techart Tips | 997.2 F+R conversion | zunsport mesh| FVD Spacers | KW V3 coilover
    '09 BMW M3 | Silverstone | DCT | Supersprint Race Exhaust | CF bits
    '08 BMW Z4M Coupe [TOTAL'ED] | White | Volk Racing 18" TE37'SL alloys | H&R Sport springs | Fox Exhaust | APR CF front splitter | Tekarbon rear lip | ZHP Shifter

Comment

just make sure you dont high rev uselessly... since if they dont find a modified muffler they might as well just accuse you of wrecless driving.

Abboudi.. you should've asked the salesman if it had a M20B25TT lol

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
        I already removed my cans! :(

Feel less threatened by the cops but I miss the base and that sound of high rev shifts! :(
        I feel you bro, i didnt appreciate my exhaust before as much i do now, knowing they have to go....

Bruno I dont think the guy was born when the M20 came out... heheh

Its the confiscation threat that is unbearable and i cant take a chance with that....
        Current:
        E86 Z4M, Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by aboudi View Post
          So I had a quiet afternoon, I though I would go to abu dhabi motors (BMW dealers in Abi dhabi) to see what's the deal with this new modification law and how will this effect their modified vehicles.

I have a Hamann back box and I was trying to see if the car was sold with the modified exhaust. Unfortunatly they couldnt b of any help as I had to visit the mussafah branch. However since I was there I had a good look at some of the new models, I was very impressed with the new F30 335i and took some details from the salesman.

He was very helpful. He informed me if that the current generation had a newly designed engine, I asked him what was the engine designation or code ? I asked like N54 or N55? He said no its F30. I took a deep breath and asked no I mean the engine on the 335i, he said we call this the F30 all of it including the engine......

Now considering this guy was Middle Eastern and I spoke in English and Arabic I left somewhat disappointed. But the new 335i is an amazing car.

Tommorow to mussafah! To sort out the exhaust saga! Before the 10 June deadline when common sense goes out the window !
          I was invited by AGMC to drive the new F30 335i and 328i in Auto Drome. I loved the intertor. But still will wait for the new coupe.

By the way I have changed my catback/mufflers to BMW performnce. My plan is to trick the cops by asking them to bend down and read on my mufflers it says BMW Performnce ,then smile and "say see its stock it says BMW."
          Do you guys think that will work?
          Last edited by mn07; 09-04-2012, 01:43 PM.
          335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
          White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by mn07 View Post
            I was invited by AGMC to drive the new F30 335i and 328i in Auto Drome. I loved the intertor. But still will wait for the new coupe.

By the way I have changed my catback/mufflers to BMW performnce. My plan is to trick the cops by asking them to bend down and read on my mufflers it says BMW Performnce ,then smile and "say see its stock it says BMW."
            Do you guys think that will work?
            Maybe but are you wiling to take the risk? i was gona use the same excuse with my Hamann mufflers... but i dont wanna take any chances,

BTW What was the occasion of the AGMC event? how did you get an invitation? and why were they thrashing brand new bimmers around a race track?
            Current:
            E86 Z4M, Caroline

Comment

Someone Called me from AGMC in Jan and said we are unveiling the new 3 series at Auto Drome. I said no thank you but then he said You can drive the new F30 335i and 328i on the track and have FREE lunch Then I went for it.

Was great fun I drove the 335i,328i,z435is,650i.
              I guess it was marketing for the new F30.
              335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
              White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by mn07 View Post
                Someone Called me from AGMC in Jan and said we are unveiling the new 3 series at Auto Drome. I said no thank you but then he said You can drive the new F30 335i and 328i on the track and have FREE lunch Then I went for it.

Was great fun I drove the 335i,328i,z435is,650i.
                I guess it was marketing for the new F30.
                your soo lucky bro ! how did the Z4 35is feel on the track?

BTW why did AGMC call you? did you get your car from AGMC?
                Current:
                E86 Z4M, Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by aboudi View Post
                  your soo lucky bro ! how did the Z4 35is feel on the track?

BTW why did AGMC call you? did you get your car from AGMC?
                  Z4 35is is FAST I felt like its as fast as a M3 covertable in a stragiht line.

I bought 3 cars from them.
                  Still hate them

Comment

Working...
                  X