Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharjah going really strict on loud cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharjah going really strict on loud cars.

Sharjah: Sharjah Police have been directed to permanently confiscate noisy and modified vehicles that disturb the peace in the emirate's neighbourhoods.
    The orders came yesterday from His Highness Dr Shaikh Sultan Bin Mohammmad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah.
    The order is to come into effect immediately in order to maintain a sense of safety and calm in the emirate. Those found violating the rule will have their vehicles confiscated by police.
    He also ordered Sharjah Police to take immediate and strict action against negligent and reckless motorists that cause deliberate disturbances in neighbourhoods. The confiscated vehicles will not be returned to the owners under any condition.
    According to the new rule, automobile workshops and other facilities will be closed down if they are found to be responsible for modifying exhaust systems or providing any other facility that allows a vehicle's engine to produce loud sounds.
    In response to the new directives issued by Shaikh Sultan, Major-General Humaid Al Hudaidi, Chief of Sharjah Police, said that it is the responsibility of stakeholders to cooperate with police.
    "The decision was made with the interests of residents and to protect the owners of such vehicles, who may lose their lives in accidents caused by modifying their engines and exhaust systems," Maj. Gen. Al Hudaidi said.
    He said the order will be implemented immediately across the emirate.
    Source: http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/tr...cles-1.1000617
    sigpic
    BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

not good news....heard they impounded 120cars or so in a matter of days!
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

"The confiscated vehicles will not be returned to the owners under any condition."

Can someone elaborate here please? I mean Ok, give a fine confiscate the car, lock it down a couple of month, take the driving license.. But what would the people with couple of hundred derhams car feel like when this happens :S..

Good I removed my little vit loud exhaust 4 months back :D
      sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
      Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
      Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
      Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
      Black 1986 E28 535i
      Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
      Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
      Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Me no like
        335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
        White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli7 View Post
          "The confiscated vehicles will not be returned to the owners under any condition."

Can someone elaborate here please? I mean Ok, give a fine confiscate the car, lock it down a couple of month, take the driving license.. But what would the people with couple of hundred derhams car feel like when this happens :S..

Good I removed my little vit loud exhaust 4 months back :D
          That's already the current rule, but obviously it doesn't work.

To be honest, and knowing how this ruling came to be, I think it's a few who brought misery to everybody else. One guy driving stupidly in a residential area at midnight, one of the residents calls the radio morning show the next morning to complain, the same night there were more than a gazillion cars at the same spot taking "revenge" on the caller. Good job! Say how many brain cells said drivers have left up north!

How can anybody complain....

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
            That's already the current rule, but obviously it doesn't work.

To be honest, and knowing how this ruling came to be, I think it's a few who brought misery to everybody else. One guy driving stupidly in a residential area at midnight, one of the residents calls the radio morning show the next morning to complain, the same night there were more than a gazillion cars at the same spot taking "revenge" on the caller. Good job! Say how many brain cells said drivers have left up north!

How can anybody complain....
            Well Said.
            Sadly, Now i have to Uninstall My Fox Exhaust System Just cause of this Stupid Non-sense Rule.
            Im Mad.:thumbsdown:
            sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
            E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
            E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
            E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
            X