BMW recalls 1.3million cars worldwide over battery fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW recalls 1.3million cars worldwide over battery fault

German car maker BMW is recalling 1.3 million cars over problems with a battery cable cover which could in extreme cases cause a fire.

The cable is found in the boot of the car.

The worldwide recall affects 5 and 6-Series models made between 2003 and 2010 and includes 109,000 cars in the UK.

The world’s largest luxury car manufacturer said: "In some remote cases, the battery cable cover inside the boot of these vehicles may be incorrectly mounted.

"This can result in the electrical system malfunctioning, the vehicle failing to start and, in some cases, to charring or fire."

The issue came to light through the continuous testing and development of BMW vehicles and some customer feedback.

No incidents of this kind have so far been reported, the car maker added.

BMW said that it would be writing to car owners to warn them about the defect.

source: Yahoo.com
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

our cars included!! :( or based on area segment?

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Thanks for sharing AK, wonder what AGMC is going to do about that! (probably engnore like the rest of the recalls)
      - E82, 1M - Current
      • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
      - E30, 316 Touring - Current
      • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
      - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
      E36, 318 Touring Sold
      E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

BMW has bigger issues in the mentioned cars...lousy DME's for instance.

Comment

i ll raise this issue with ADM :D let us see what they got

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I got this off Yahoo.co.uk website. Not sure what this means for us...
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you AK :D

I will stay away from all E60s on the road, and park as far as I can away from them :D
              sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
              Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
              Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
              Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
              Black 1986 E28 535i
              Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
              Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
              Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Makaveli7 some say you can buy them for cheap these days :D

Comment

and some say that e39s are even cheaper Bruno!
                  sigpic

Comment

cheaper and way better :P

Comment

Hahaha. U guys r bad :D

Comment

Guys, received a call from ADM to bring my car to change the faulty parts under warranty so whoever owned E60 better to contact the agency, safety priority

Comment

Working...
                        X