Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UAE ID to purchase a car?

hey everyone.
    will be doing a lot of buying and selling cars in the next few months, but i do not have my UAE ID, have not applied for it, and honestly, do not want to get it.
    i heard a rumor that you now have to have one to register a car in Dubai.
    i sold my M Coupe in november, and they didnt even mention it, so i am wondering if it is a new law.
    is this true?
    only looking for 100% confirmation!

has anyone bought a car lately?

Yes Bro, You Need The ID Card To Do Everything related to the Government. I had My Registration renewal last two weeks and they Refused to renew it till i got my Emirates ID.
    But its not that big of deal as it costs 200dhs only. so you should be good.
    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

yeah i guess it's a must now

Comment

I sold my two cars last week and transferred in Barsha RTA (next to gold diamond park), they didn't even ask for Emirates ID card.

Comment

selling wont be an issue, but the buying part is where its gonna suck.
          ok, ill have to go in today or tomorrow to waste some more money!

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy740 View Post
            selling wont be an issue, but the buying part is where its gonna suck.
            ok, ill have to go in today or tomorrow to waste some more money!
            maybe you are correct coz they asked for buyer's Emirates ID...

Comment

Hello, I did not get it as well, so for re-registration purposes in Barsha is it a must?

Comment

for all members, for any formal precedure you need the ID, i got for my babies! and i heared the last date to submit the application should be b4 end of April 2012, after that there will be huge fine

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Abu Dhabi are really strict about having the ID, but less strict in Dubai and Sharjah (Just registered 2 cars without having an ID).

However the deadline is near (July) and as received by my employer:

"Dear Colleagues,
                  As you may already be aware, Emirates ID cards become compulsory in Dubai from 1st June 2012 and everyone, even babies, must have an Emirates ID card. Fines of AED 20 per day per person, up to a maximum of AED 1000 will be automatically imposed. "

This is the law so no need to break it, or we will get : :taser:and :locked1:

:drums:

Here is the link to the registration centers.

http://www.eida.gov.ae/en/process-an...n-centers.aspx

Hope it helps :D
                  sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
                  Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
                  Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
                  Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
                  Black 1986 E28 535i
                  Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
                  Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
                  Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Rta's toll free number is 8009090 please someone call them and ask them 2 questions.

1. Do we need UAE Id to renew a car's current registration?
                    2. Do we need a UAE id to Register a new car under a current file number?

Comment

I really got confused cannot understand the deadlines to avoid fines!

Comment

call the toll free number and get an exact date and just re-confirm to us

Comment

Working...
                        X