Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got a flat tire on my way to the race track tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a flat tire on my way to the race track tonight.

on my way to meet up with everyone, i got a flat tire!
    it happened at 7pm, right next to the global village, and i just got back to my house (9:30pm).

so i had the car towed to X Service center, and i saw a yellow e36 vert with the club sticker in the window.

i think its ayham's car???
    there is a surprise on your back window if it is ;)

its ok tho, i need an oil change, so hopefully i will have that done tomorrow, along with 4 new tires.

anyone reccommend a brand/type?

im thinking "run flats"!!!!

anyways, will update this thread later tomorrow with pics, and hopefully i will have the car back before 6pm tomorrow night so i can meet up with you guys!

hope the track night was fun!

before anyone asks the obvious question, there is no spare tire in the e39 m5.
    original tires are run flats, and i think the previous owner put michellin pilot sports on (not run flat).

thats why the car was towed.

;)

Comment

i don't think ///M cars ever came with RFTs :dunno: but i could still be wrong regarding the E39 M5..

i don't recommend RFTs in terms of noise, comfort & performance :nono: so why not get normal tires & keep a tire repair "spray" thing for such emergencies..

check with our sponsor Pirelli (Mr. Raad Haddad) & i'm sure he'll hook you up with a nice set of pirelli's at a good deal for BMW Club members :bow: or if you really like your PS2's that'll be a safe choice ;)

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

:rofl:

the tire that blew was burning, and there were pieces of it on the road.

pirelli may be an option!

Comment

I prefer nothing but Michelin PilotSport PS2 :)

Comment

:( it’s sad to here that.. it would've been great if you showed up. next time, after grabbing one of our numbers, call us and we'll be glad to pick you up :slap:

Comment

i went with pirelli p-zeros, got a good deal through ra'ad!
              except tires werent delivered, so i have to wait til saturday to pick up my baby

:(

got an oil change with X Service, that place is awesome!
              great customer service.

Comment

good to hear you got it sorted out :)

sad to know you'll not make it to the meet though :(

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Congrats on the P Zeros. You'll be impressed.....

What did you leave me on the window??? :( I still didn't get the time to check her out...

Comment

you got everything sorted out? did you get the ipod dice thingy fixed?

Comment

i have her back now!
                      havent had time to figure out the ipod, will go in tomorrow.
                      tires are awesome, it rides amazing now.
                      i can never believe how different a car drives with new tires!

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy740 View Post
                        i have her back now!
                        havent had time to figure out the ipod, will go in tomorrow.
                        tires are awesome, it rides amazing now.
                        i can never believe how different a car drives with new tires!
                        Congrats bro .. Now enjoy it since you've felt the difference :)

Comment

Working...
                        X