Help a brother decide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help a brother decide!

Hey guys... Just needed some advice/input from you all.

I'm thinking (just thinking, not decided yet) to sell the GTR and get into the Bimmer world once again... Everyone I know thinks I've lost it, but tbh I have my reasons.

I'm thinking about pursuing my studies once again and I want a car that I don't need to be spending all my money and time on, not that I don't enjoy it but feel like taking a break from it for a year or two.

Now I'm drooling over 2 cars and wanna see what everyone thinks... I'm thinking of either the e92 M3 or the new 1series M. I LOVE both these cars and I'm completely confused between the 2.

So HELP MEEE decide :please:
    e92 M3
    28.57%
    The new 1 series M
    71.43%

-2009 Nissan GTR (Switzer P600)
    -2011 VW Golf-R

Get a limited e92 m3 such as the gts and I'll buy it off your hands in 2 years

Comment

M3 without any doubt.
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Oh I completely forgot to mention that if I get an M3 it'll be a used one, coz I don't wanna spend more than 250-260k.

-2011 VW Golf-R

Comment

For that kind of money, you can get a very nice M6.

Is there any particular reason why you want the M3.
          sigpic

Comment

Tbh I love the M6 but my brother had one so I've practically kept and driven that car, so would like to try something new... I just love both the M3 and the 1M... If I had the money I'd buy both :p

-2011 VW Golf-R

Comment

I know what you mean.

How much are you looking to sell your GTR for?
              sigpic

Comment

1M...It will go down history lane very well, looks are more distinctive, very tunable. Yes, no more ITB noise, but it's essentially an E92 M3 with 3 pedals.

Comment

+1
                  or y u didnt wait till the F10 M5 lunched, i know the price is over your budget, but just a thought. i ll vote for the legendary M1 :)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                  E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

I believe all this hype about the 1M is rather exaggerated.

It cannot be compared to the M3. Just take the manual transmission out of it and then see what the enthusiasts say about it.

What happened to NA forever. Seems like the enthusiasts get over their beliefs and fundamentals rather quickly.

For a guy who is stepping out of a switzer P600, it is going to feel like slow motion. IMHO! the M3 will also be a bit if a disappointment.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well everything will be a disappointment after the GTR, in terms of power... But I guess I just have to come to terms with it...

The thing thats making me incline more towards the 1M is the rarity and of course the fact that it is a gorgeous looking car :drool:.

Hasan I already have an offer for 275k for my GTR (which includes all the mods I've done to it, around 100k dirhams spent on this beast :eek:). Lets see... I'm giving myself a month to make up my stupid mind... lol

Btw fellas, anyone have any hook ups in AGMC or Abu Dhabi Motors to squeeze out any kind of discount. The price I got is 250k for the 1M and the cars AGMC are getting are without navigation, it doesn't really matter to me but I wouldn't mind a car with navigation

-2011 VW Golf-R

Comment

Very tough choice! I'd choose the 1M over the M3 because its more raw and and much more agile, but the only downside of it is the engine.
                        sigpic
                        BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                          I believe all this hype about the 1M is rather exaggerated.

It cannot be compared to the M3. Just take the manual transmission out of it and then see what the enthusiasts say about it.

What happened to NA forever. Seems like the enthusiasts get over their beliefs and fundamentals rather quickly.

For a guy who is stepping out of a switzer P600, it is going to feel like slow motion. IMHO! the M3 will also be a bit if a disappointment.
                          Well yeah NA for life n sh*t, that hasn't changed. However, I don't really see anything in BMW current lineup that can compete with the 1M Coupe in terms of a full package. You want my $0.2 on the E9X M3? Too heavy, flat power curve, almost torqueless. I can say the M3 ended with the E46.

So...The 1M is a one-off run from the M Gmbh boys, I'd bite for AED250K! Actually, nothing on the market today beats that value.

And I did say in the previous post, it's sad the ITB noise is no more in the 1M.

Comment

For 250K, definetely the 1M beats the E92 M3.. Plus you've already had an E92, plus there are no 1Ms on the road yet, plus you can get a brand new car and not used, so all these pluses push me to vote for the 1M, considering your situation and budget ofcourse..

You want to try something new ? Then try the 1M, thats something no one has driven here yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Afnan View Post
                              Well everything will be a disappointment after the GTR, in terms of power... But I guess I just have to come to terms with it...

The thing thats making me incline more towards the 1M is the rarity and of course the fact that it is a gorgeous looking car :drool:.

Hasan I already have an offer for 275k for my GTR (which includes all the mods I've done to it, around 100k dirhams spent on this beast :eek:). Lets see... I'm giving myself a month to make up my stupid mind... lol

Btw fellas, anyone have any hook ups in AGMC or Abu Dhabi Motors to squeeze out any kind of discount. The price I got is 250k for the 1M and the cars AGMC are getting are without navigation, it doesn't really matter to me but I wouldn't mind a car with navigation
                              will check tom. with friend of mine in AD motors and ll let u know regarding the price. :)
                              Last edited by eoudeh; 20-06-2011, 01:32 AM.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Working...
                              X