Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European Foundation for Quality Management = EFQM :) one of the most stringent criterias for Quality Management
    ________
    DEPAKOTE SICKNESS
    Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 08:12 AM.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thank you
      2008 325i coupe
      Stock

Comment

Oh well, its a boring day. I so wanna go home and sleep. I had to walk from Nissan yesterday in heels with my laptop, IN THE HEAT OF THE SUN cuz there were no cabs............ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
        Audi TT (2009)
        Infiniti G35 (2008)
        Evo 8- Sold

Dont know what you have until you lose it

Comment

owwww. . . must've been one hell of a walk!
          If it was for a meeting . . i'd rather have cancelled the meeting
          2008 325i coupe
          Stock

Comment

Work hard guys :P Im off to sleep

Comment

Good morning boys and gals!!
              Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

morning morning !

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Morning all,

I’ve nearly finished my 196 pages of stats…..YIPEEEEEEEE

And I’ve got a sore head because my cousin arrived last night, didn’t go to bed until 3 this morning!!!

How are we all today then?

Is there any events up at the Autodrome over the next 2 weeks????
                  Want to take my cuz up for a look.
                  2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Morning guys!

Dubai traffic sucks, eh? Even driving my M3 i absolutely hate my journey to work! Yesterday i got caught in a tailback caused by an crashed lorry and it took me over two hours to get to work; today the traffic was awful again and it took me 1 hour 15 minutes. It's only 24kms!

:mad:
                    theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
                    Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
                    Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
                    Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

Feelin your pain Phil, I used to stay in Sharjah and during Ramadan it was taking me 3 hours each way!!!
                      We got up at 5.30 and started work at 7.30....totaly mental!!!!!!

It must be fun in the M3!!!!!

Comment

we just need to accept traffic as a part of life :P..... however, wasting your life is traffic is sad! ...so much more that you can do with that time.... we seriously need a good solution to this mayhem!
                        ________
                        Opium rehab advice
                        Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 08:13 AM.
                        Current
                        E92 M3 - Mineral White
                        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                        E36 318is
                        E39 540i ///M sport
                        VW CC
                        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Mate, when you're averaging about 4kms/hr it doesn't matter whether you're driving an BMW M3, Ferrari Enzo or a Nissan Tilda! You can still only go as fast as the car in front!

When you finally get through the traffic however, well that's a different story! Vroom vroom! :excited:
                          theeldestboy

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                            we just need to accept traffic as a part of life :P..... however, wasting your life is traffic is sad! ...so much more that you can do with that time.... we seriously need a good solution to this mayhem!

I vote for either Helicopters or Sherman Tanks....."budda budda budda" (helicopter noise) or "crusha crusha crusha" (tank noise):rofl:

Comment

It's the fault of town planners, who designed the roads and traffic management systems without fully considering future traffic needs. There's too many traffic lights, too many junctions and not enough fly-overs and tunnels. Take the traffic at the Greens as an example. I use that stupid junction everyday, approaching from the SZR to go straight through and toward Al Khail/Emirates Road. 99% of the cars around me want to do exactly the same thing. I sit in traffic there for at least 25 minutes every day because the lights have to cope with traffic comning from 4 directions. All they needed to do was to put a tunnel under that junction and effectively the road coming out of the Greens toward Barsha would become a flyover. No lights, no delays, just free-flowing traffic.

Basically, if you're on the SZR, or you live on the sea-side of SZR and you want to get to Emirates Road, you're forced to sit in traffic as there is no way of crossing the Al Khail without encountering traffic lights.

Also, confusion reigns as to why Dubai insists on adopting a "belt and braces" approach to traffic management. By that, i mean having two traffic-management systems in place at the same junction, the best example being a roundabout with traffic lights. There's no need for this at all. You either use a roundabout, or you use traffic lights, not both!

The SZR is, in the most part, a great example of a modern, multilane highway which (outside of peak hours) keeps traffic moving. So they got that one right. Everything else is so badly wrong, but unfortunately it will only get worse as Dubai continues to expand, placing even more pressure on roads that weren't even designed to cope with half the numbers of cars on the road today.

There, lecture finished.
                              theeldestboy

Comment

morning guys... phil it's been like that for the past years. +1 on the roads unable to cope with the growing number of cars on the road and wrong structure of the roads.

you will either get used to it or get a bike :)

Comment

Working...
                                X