This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Betty View Post
    Each to their own and all that, but i can't understand why anyone would not preffer ITunes over ANY other media software, it's soooooooo user friendly, a simpleton could figure out the advanced settings very easy.......I did:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    I'll try it out soon Betty

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
      a general advise that is off topic !!

anyone who has his hands on any of those p2p softwares like limewire, search for "K-Lite Codec Pack" ... plays any single video or audio file .... but it overwrites ur quick time movie player !! ...but its worth it ....i use it
      I use my limewire with K-lite codec package, its amazing and ure right, worth it

Comment

Here’s some simple advise for transferring multiple Itunes libraries on the one computer.
        I’ve done this with so many peoples Itunes here at work and never had any conflicts, it works a charm.
        The instructions only work for XP, I’ve never found a Vista variation.

Start with Ipod disconnected – DO NOT CONNECT YET

Open Itunes
        Open Itunes preferences-this blocks Itunes from seeing an Ipod connection-leave this window open.
        Connect Ipod now, wait 15 seconds
        Open “my computer”
        Tools menu, Folder options, View tab, Enable “Show Hidden Files / Folders”
        Open Ipod Control Folder.
        You should see a folder named Music
        Drag this folder to somewhere on your hard drive
        After the copy completes, right click the new music folder and select “properties”
        Clear the checkmark next to “Hidden”
        Close that explorer window
        Eject IPod from “System Tray” and disconnect Ipod
        Go back to Itunes and cancel the preferences window
        Click File Menu, Add folder to library, find the new music folder you created, select and HEY PRESTO, all this music will now transfer across to your Itunes.

This should really only be done if you have one of the larger capacity Ipods, i.e 60Gb or the new 80Gb.

Do not worry about any bugs or problems with this, I’ve just done it and it works a treat and at the end of the day this will save you all a small fortune next time your in Virgin.
        2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Thanks for that Betty, but ive got Vista, not compatible I guess:nono:

Comment

you can buy a CPU with XP for buttons now, this way you can store monster amounts of tunes, all you need is lots of friends with IPods and different tastes in music and a couple of days for all the transfers.
            Even if i buy a new PC in future, i'll still keep my current XP CPU simply to do this, its worth its weight in gold that info, treasure it!!

Comment

thats the smartest thing to do -
              ive been preserving my collection ever since the craze of 'downloading' started - first i used cd's to backup every audiolized treasure i owned - shifted to dvd's once they came out! oh i loved that technology!
              The ext HDD (which is present till now) but now i backup my musical possesions on Blu-Ray disks - for those who havent tried these yet, get onto it !
              It's amazing!
              Blu-ray is the what seemed the 'distant future' 5 years ago.
              2008 325i coupe
              Stock

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
                thats the smartest thing to do -
                ive been preserving my collection ever since the craze of 'downloading' started - first i used cd's to backup every audiolized treasure i owned - shifted to dvd's once they came out! oh i loved that technology!
                The ext HDD (which is present till now) but now i backup my musical possesions on Blu-Ray disks - for those who havent tried these yet, get onto it !
                It's amazing!
                Blu-ray is the what seemed the 'distant future' 5 years ago.
                Cud you explain more about the Blu-ray

Comment

Hiten, 5 years ago, today WAS the distant future:)

Want a new list of tracks Ssense?
                  Try this lot out for size,

Aerosmith – Pink

Black Grape – Tramazi Party

Black Sabbath – Symptom Of The Universe (worlds first thrash track)

The Cult – Love Removal Machine

Embrace – Looking As You Are

Faith No More – From Out Of Nowhere

Foo Fighters – Breakout

Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out

The Fratellis – Chelsea Dagger

The Jam – David Watts

Led Zeppelin – Rock And Roll

Rage Against The Machine – Bullet In The Head

Rammstein – Bang Bang

Van Halen – Panama

Whitesnake – Young Blood

Comment

Blu-ray, also known as Blu-ray Disc (BD), is the name of a next-generation optical disc format jointly developed by the Blu-ray Disc Association.
                    The format was developed to enable recording, rewriting and playback of high-definition video (HD), as well as storing large amounts of data. The format offers more than five times the storage capacity of traditional DVDs and can hold up to 25GB on a single-layer disc and 50GB on a dual-layer disc.

i think it was pioneer who pushed the technology to another level introducing storage upto a 500GB on a single disk!!! THATS AMAZING!

the main difference (why its called blu-ray) is because crrent cd's and dvd writers and readers use Red Laser Beams to burn/write/read - but the new format (blu-ray) uses a sort of blue-violet laser instead.

Thats that
                    2008 325i coupe
                    Stock

Comment

Betty, once again THANKS :bow:
                      Ill get all of those downloaded today

Comment

Also ad -

Rammstien - Engel
                        One of my faviourites
                        2008 325i coupe
                        Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Black Betty View Post
                          Hiten, 5 years ago, today WAS the distant future:)
                          i'd say it was more of 'future' instead
                          2008 325i coupe
                          Stock

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
                            Also ad -

Rammstien - Engel
                            One of my faviourites
                            Sure, you got it :thanks:

Comment

so getting blu-ray ?
                              2008 325i coupe
                              Stock

Comment

I might consider changing my current DVD drive to a Blue Ray.
                                How much are they and how much is the media/discs?

Comment

Working...
                                X