X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice siggy pathfinder

Comment

nice siggy simonX :)....nice avatar too ;)
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Quick Question Multiple Choice :D

*Does oil filter play role when starting the car?
        1. Yes
        2. No

Thank You

Comment

lubrication system facilitates starting due to reduced friciton in the engine internals and is vital for any engine in general
          I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

+1
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Thanks Mahmooooooood..

You know why I asked ;)

Comment

cuz I am 90% sure that starting engine problem came after replacing oil and using ADNOK Oil and Filter, as I remember I didn't face this problem on the old oil even i am not sure that the old owner for my car was using Castrol or ADNOK but I found Castrol Gallon on the car box.

Comment

look bisho
                  doing basic service is mandatory and makes u exclude such reasons like oil and filter if u r troubleshooting starter problems or any other problems
                  so change the filter if it is old and see (but only if it is old)
                  where get your service done? in the agency?

Comment

Thanks Mahmoud,

Actually the car had already serviced in good garage, I have a friend I trust him told me that cuz he knows the owner for that garage. Also the old owner installed original parts only and I have all invoices.

I always think before doing any action. I think starting problem is due to ADNOK Filter or OIL :D

I will change it next week once I get free time.

Comment

I will tell you the result ensha Allah :D

Comment

i really doubt the oil/filter has got anything to do with it..

i bought a used 330Ci back in 2004 & i also used ADNOC synthetic oil from the nearest gas station.. it's not like the 330 is a ferrari or whatever so that it needs special oil, it's a normal engine that revs up to less than 7000rpm & nothing special to be worried about :)

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

lool.

wAllahi cars world is strange Haissam, but you don't know maybe simple things cause such problem cuz I didn't face it on old oil (castrol) 10w..... god knows maybe this starter down with no reason who knows!

diagnosing the problem is not easy, it's like trail and error technique here in UAE for most garages.

it's better to think before doing any step always..

Thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                            i really doubt the oil/filter has got anything to do with it..

i bought a used 330Ci back in 2004 & i also used ADNOC synthetic oil from the nearest gas station.. it's not like the 330 is a ferrari or whatever so that it needs special oil, it's a normal engine that revs up to less than 7000rpm & nothing special to be worried about :)
                            u r right 100 % haissam
                            i was surprised to know that BMW has part no for oil, any decent oil from a decent company (i think ADNOC is decent) will do the job, according to my knowledge ALL engine oils around the world r made according to SAE (society of automotive engineers) specs.
                            and cars r manufactured to work with any brand that has the proper specs

Comment

ADNOC oils are crap!! Period!!! They shouldn't even allow them on bicycles...

Comment

the delayed start is because of the lack of fuel/air reaching into the fire chamber, or it can even be that the sparkplugs are gone. it is relevant to your ignition system and not your oil filter

Comment

Working...
                                X