This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SSense View Post
    I hope the metro will solve the traffic problems faced by Dubai residents. People would depend less on cars and concentrate more on walk and metros. But again, I guess there's no metro to/from Dubai - Sharjah, but Ive heard about some new buses and a separate lane for these buses being introduced, which might help the Sharjah residents travelling to/from Dubai.
    The metros might help in easing 'further' congestion, but as for the no of cars there already are on the road .. i doubt that figure will decrease by much.

I mean . . realistically, for those who have come to this country and bought cars . . and have pampered themselves with the luxury, would they resort to traveling in a metro ever ? Not many of us would, not me. i wouldnt get out the cocoon of my car and stand in a metro!

yes as for those who will be newcomers (after the metro starts) they wont be buying cars, they'd be using the metros. .

what say?
    2008 325i coupe
    Stock

Comment

You've got a point, on another note I dont think people who already own cars would compromise walking from their offices to reach metro stations during July/August :dunno:

Comment

Say yes.
        And about car numbers, it's not decreasing it's a little less increasing !
        But, the crisis has had its effects. Theres hundreds of deserted cars around Dubai, especially the Qusais area.

Waz, it took us about 2.5 hours. Second time around, it shoudln't take anymore than 2 .
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Alrighty, I'm too tired. Just had an exam this morning.
          I is going to hit ze sack ! Goodafternoon/night/whatever everybody !
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

nighty night... wish I was heading to bed to catch a couple of ZZzZzzZ

work sucks!
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

When did you have the exam ?? Im seeing you online since morning :lol:

Comment

lol! good point!! Ssense...

Wen does work not suck Ahmad? :P ....

come to think bout it.... wat line of work would you wana be in that wud make you say "i love my job"! :D
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                  Say yes.
                  And about car numbers, it's not decreasing it's a little less increasing !
                  But, the crisis has had its effects. Theres hundreds of deserted cars around Dubai, especially the Qusais area.

Waz, it took us about 2.5 hours. Second time around, it shoudln't take anymore than 2 .
                  yeah, adding to that ,

Dubai police found 600+ cars abandoned at Dubai airport in the long term parking area, with the insurance papers in it.

From families who have fled the country.

that just proves how bad the recession is!
                  2008 325i coupe
                  Stock

Comment

oh and adding onto the recession topic - it's killing companies,

Thats been noticed everywhere, with lay-offs and stuff.

but an inside word from Bhomes (better homes)

An employee in the Sales & Marketing division of the company ran out of business cards,
                    when he asked the company to reprint them, the company turned around and said

"go print them yourself if you want to do business, we have no funds"
                    2008 325i coupe
                    Stock

Comment

damn!! thats bad!...i know recession has hit ppl big time! really sad, how lives are turned around!

but yea, we gotta be strong and get thru this time time by being the best at wat u do!
                      Current
                      E92 M3 - Mineral White
                      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                      E36 318is
                      E39 540i ///M sport
                      VW CC
                      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

And by not modding cars....It's my resolution!

Comment

thats once good money saving resolution ayham!
                          2008 325i coupe
                          Stock

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                            They weren't, they just sat in a room with alot of scotch and wrote the script !

Hiten, youve seen my size. Dude, I biked(bycicle) from Qusais to my place yesterday.
                            I rode from my place to Aymans, and from there we hit all the way to Shu Cafe Jumeira !
                            Ayham, Bashar, Rami as proof ! But, Ayham still cant quite believe it :lmao: !
                            Point is, you've got a car. I don't, so my bike is literally my one and only form of transportation around the country . Wherever, whenever.
                            When was this ? :hide2::spank2:
                            sigpic
                            07' HFP Accord | Current
                            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                              :omg2: oh my god!!!!!! u biked from shj to jumeirah!!???

now.. WTF were you thinking! :P

btw.. how long did it take you guys?? :bow:
                              3 hours ( To and back from there ) !

But that was a heck of a day :D
                              sigpic
                              07' HFP Accord | Current
                              HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                                guys...any good movies out recently? just finished downloading twilight...yet to watch it...

Saw "traitor" a few days back... loved it!! you guys have to watch it!
                                See those two and you won't regret it !!

- Pride & Glory
                                - Changeling
                                Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                                Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                                Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                                Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                                1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                                Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                                eMail:
                                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                                X