This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning everybody...........ITS THE WEEKEND, yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I'm off for a Vindaloo tonight at the Madinat, I can't wait, what you all up to?
    2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

Originally posted by Black Betty View Post
      Morning everybody...........ITS THE WEEKEND, yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeee
      I'm off for a Vindaloo tonight at the Madinat, I can't wait, what you all up to?
      Well, until 30 seconds ago, i was going on the Jebel Hafeet drive, but accrding to the (now locked) thread, it's been cancelled! Have i missed the official announcement or something. Surely this can't simply because of the threat that it might rain? Yes, the club has a responsibilty for member safety, but a bit of rain (or even a lot of rain) shouldn't be enough to stop responsible drivers from getting together? (OK, it would ruin the BBQ!).

Good job they don't cancel meets in the UK because there was rain in the forecast, eh BB? You'd never meet up!
      Last edited by the eldest boy; 27-11-2008, 09:19 AM.
      theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
      Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
      Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
      Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
        Good job they don't cancel meets in the UK because there was rain in the forecast, eh BB? You'd never meet up!
        Tell me about it Phil, my Folks have said it ain't stopped rainning all year!!!!
        And I'm going home again in a few weeks, yipeeee, standing in a river upto my chest in water with a fly rod in the pi$$ing rain...............can't wait.

Comment

I m waiting for this rain since a lot time now...
          sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
          2006 Z4M - SOLD
          1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
          2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
          2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
          2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
          2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
          1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
          2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by Black Betty View Post
            Tell me about it Phil, my Folks have said it ain't stopped rainning all year!!!!
            And I'm going home again in a few weeks, yipeeee, standing in a river upto my chest in water with a fly rod in the pi$$ing rain...............can't wait.
            A fisherman, eh? Just fly or traditional angling too? I did my first bit of fly fishing in New Zealand earlier this year. Me and my mate went out with a guide and fished the most beautiful knee-deep flowing river you've ever seen. There wasn't another sole to be seen for miles and miles and the backdrop was a clear blue sky, beautiful mountains and lush forestry. I managed to bag a few rainbow trout, one at just under 3lb...i'm told that's not bad for a first time out, but my mate (a keen angler but his first fly experience, had a 6lber, which according to the guide was a good size fish for the waters. Fiestly little buggers, aren't they!

I picked up the action enough to have a few throws myself, but i'm sure you'll sympathise when i say i managed to catch the fly on the riverback, the ground behind me, my clothing...pretty much everything!

Funniest bit of the day was when we all linked arms to cross the river and i sliiped on some moss and went arse over tit into the river, literally filling my waders to the top! I didn't realise that such shallow water could be so powerful!
            theeldestboy

Comment

And here's the money shot! What a great day! Which rivers do you fish? Fancy planning a bit of sea fishing? Apparently you can fly-fish on some of the tours, but i'm not sure exactly how that would work...

theeldestboy

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
                And here's the money shot! What a great day! Which rivers do you fish? Fancy planning a bit of sea fishing? Apparently you can fly-fish on some of the tours, but i'm not sure exactly how that would work...

very small fish...
                sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                2006 Z4M - SOLD
                2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

Great pic Phil mate, I'm well up for a wee fishing expedition.
                  I'm into EVERY kind of fishing back home mate, course, predator, sea, game, fly....and my speciality, float and ledger.....bit of an expert in these two feilds....33 years of practice.
                  I'm more of a river man myself, fave's are the river Allen and the much larger river Forth (near Stirling but all the way to Edinburgh) we'll need to talk more about this mate.

Comment

Let s go fishing in Dubai then. Rent a boat for a day and try to get something.
                    sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                    2006 Z4M - SOLD
                    2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
                      Let s go fishing in Dubai then. Rent a boat for a day and try to get something.
                      you can go deep sea fishing in musandam :)

BMW history:
                      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
                        very small fish...
                        :slap:

These things fight like b*tch.
                        theeldestboy

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                          you can go deep sea fishing in musandam :)
                          Musandam has better fishing than Jebel Ali, which is where we departed from on a fishing thrip a few weeks back. There's a great company that operates out of Um Al Quwain, a South African set-up and the guys are great. We could use them, but you have to book well in advance through the winter as the demand is high.

I had a 9lb catfish bottom fishing (no jokes please!) off Jebel Ali, but unfortunately on that same trip we spent hours trolling before the retard of a captain told us that the fish-finder wasn't actually working and we were fishing blind!

BB, you're the expert, it seems! My fishing experience is limited...i've been a few times over the years as some of my mates are very keen anglers, but as i said earlier i went to NZ in February for 6 weeks with one of them and we fished nearly every day. You would have loved it mate...we toured in a camper van with the rods in the back and anytime we saw a decent bit of river, lake or sea, in went the rods! And trust me, the fishing in NZ is amazing!

OK, well that's something to think about, perhaps one for the new year?

By the way, has anyone read "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" by Paul Torday? It's the most wonderful piece of imaginative fiction writing you'll ever read. BB, have a read mate. Part of the book is set in Scotland and part in the Yemen. It sounds crap but it's a multi award winner, just a beautifully written book.
                          Last edited by the eldest boy; 27-11-2008, 02:23 PM.
                          theeldestboy

Comment

Where can I find this book Phil?

Comment

wrote:
                              We are just a bunch of people on a car forum but this should be discussed... for example if there is a car meet/event we are all excited and gear up and look forward to it... but if there is a storm or something, the meet/event is cancelled and that tells us that nature is king over all human plans.

I don't mean to be funny here but are you referring to the BMW UAE Club and them cancelling the drive tomorrow due to rain?!?! LOL!

Man even I'd drive my NSX in the rain...
                              http://www.evolve.ae/forum/viewtopic...554&highlight=
                              ayham?
                              Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

lol, he won't be the last...We're friends after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X