Speed limite - DXB - AUH will change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed limite - DXB - AUH will change

on Sunday from 160km/h to 140km/h on the AUH section.

Not sure how true this is, but seems to be lots of messages going around about it.

Anybody know/heard anything different? Is this just another scaremongering tactic?
    1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
    2012 Camaro SS
    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Heard the same...I guess it's true.

Comment

Heheehe I never knew that you could go till 160.
      But they should reduce the speed limit since 125 cars crashed again and had 1 dead two week ago.
      Last edited by mn07; 13-04-2011, 06:00 PM.
      335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
      White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

tarmac actually changes in color when you get from dubai to abu dhabi or the other way round... Dubai tarmac is grey while Abu Dhabi have a hint of red... very visible, useless piece of information, hehe
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

the main high way light...from dubai till Jebal Ali u ll see the road light is like two rows and as soon as u start seeing the lights as a round shape (5 or 6 lamps) that mean u are in abu dhabi highway road :D

and its announced that the speed limit reduced to 140km/hr

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

This was announced in an Arabic newspaper last week, so yes its true..

Comment

About time to be honest - It's crazy that not a day goes by when I hear about an accident on that road...

Comment

I wonder if accidents are as common in Germany on Autobahns that have no speed limits
                sigpic
                BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

they said on several newspapers that it will 141

Comment

Originally posted by SHkater View Post
                    I wonder if accidents are as common in Germany on Autobahns that have no speed limits
                    Nop,
                    As far as I know, Autobahns has very low level of accidents, even less that normal highways in Europe.
                    I have crossed all Germany using Autobahns and my experience was fantastic! cars goes at 300km/h but drivers are very respectful and the quality of roads are almost perfect, they look as designed to drive at 500Km/h with all the security measures in place! (Including Porsches GT3 for the police! :D)

Comment

Originally posted by SHkater View Post
                      Some or actually nowadays most of the Autobahns have speed limits.

But apart from that i have NEVER EVER seen so many accidents on German Autobahn.

I was a paramedic for 2 years back in germany and where i come form are NO Speed limits. And i have seen exactly 2 accidents in 2 years. One was a truck who slipped down the highway (mostly too tired) and another one was a punctured tyre which made the car crash and flip (btw, the only flipped car i have ever seen in Germany).
                      sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                      Dubai Investment Park 2
                      The Curve Building Complex
                      Warehouse No.1
                      P.O Box 28638
                      Dubai, United Arab Emirates
                      Office: +97148830851
                      Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
                      Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
                      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
                      Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

yep so it in the news paper, True :)
                        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

It is confirm that the max speed limit on Abu Dhabi highway is 140km/h starting Sun 17/4
                          http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...-to-save-lives

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...dubai-motorway

Infact the new speed limit was already implemented at some area since 1st Feb. My fren got flashed at 150km/h just after shahama bridge on the way to abu dhabi last month.
                          Last edited by HeLL-BoY; 14-04-2011, 10:48 AM. Reason: edit
                          sigpic:evil:

Comment

Originally posted by HeLL-BoY View Post
                            It is confirm that the max speed limit on Abu Dhabi highway is 140km/h starting Sun 17/4
                            http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...-to-save-lives

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...dubai-motorway

Infact the new speed limit was already implemented at some area since 1st Feb. My fren got flashed at 150km/h just after shahama bridge on the way to abu dhabi last month.
                            I have NO idea why they reduced the speed limit around Yas/Shahama area - really supid if you ask me.
                            1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                            2012 Camaro SS
                            2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
                            2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Originally posted by yorky500 View Post
                              I have NO idea why they reduced the speed limit around Yas/Shahama area - really supid if you ask me.
                              Welcome to UAE
                              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X