Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorcyclist Pascal Grosjean dies after winning Sportsbike Championship in Dubai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcyclist Pascal Grosjean dies after winning Sportsbike Championship in Dubai

Swiss motorcyclist Pascal Grosjean died after a collision with another rider shortly after winning a Sportsbike Championship in DUBAI, United Arab Emirates. News of the 39-year-old multiple UAE champion quickly made his tragic death a top Google trend on Saturday, November 27, 2010.

According to ESPN.com, Grosjean, had crossed the line Friday and slowed to celebrate winning a Sportsbike Championship race when third-place finisher Tony Jordan ran into him at about 124 mph, throwing both riders to the tarmac at the Dubai Autodrome.

Although he was airlifted to a local hospital, Grosjean was pronounced dead upon arrival. The other injured motorcyclist Tony Jordan remains in a serious condition.

"The Dubai Autodrome team and the motorsport community of the UAE are deeply saddened by the enormous loss and pass on our sincere condolences to Pascal Grosjean's family and friends," Hamish Brown, the general executive of Dubai Autodrome, said in a statement. "Pascal was a multiple UAE champion who was well respected in motorsport and motorcycle community." - via ESPN.com

USA Today reports that Grosjean, who is the reigning UAE Sportbike 600cc champion, is yet another fatality at the track in Dubai. In April, Belgian driver Christophe Hissette, 29, died when his car caught fire during a qualifying session.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

so bad to hear such news... that autodrome is cursed this year!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Rest in Peace !

Comment

He died after they waved the chequered flag for him winning the race, did a wheelie, only to be hit by the rider who came in 2nd place. Runner up did not realize Pascal had slowed down, killing Pascal at once and admitting himself to the ICU in critical condition.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

whats the point in keepin the speed if the flag is waved?? or did he really slow down a lot for that guy to hit him?? too bad though
          sigpic

Comment

tragic loss of a precious life :(

may god give strength to his family during this difficult phase
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

had met him briefly when i was scrutineering for the previous national race day
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

I'm very saddened to hear this... RIP :(

Comment

Very sad! RIP!!!
                  sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

RIP!
                    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

RIP

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                      E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                      E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                      E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                      E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                      E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                      E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                      E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT