Don't disturb The Walk at JBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't disturb The Walk at JBR

To all the thousands of drivers out there, the residents are begging you to show a little consideration

A view of The Walk at Jumeirah Beach Residence in Dubai, which has been overwhelmed by the near-deafening, tinnitus-inducing cacophony of honks and beeps as cars cruise down The Walk.

A cool breeze stirs along the sea front; terraces are bustling, refreshing iced coffee drinks are whipped up by the skilful hands of some of the city's busiest baristas, couples stroll and children frolic within easy distance of their laid-back parents. Or so it should be.

This is The Walk in Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) and while the beautiful weather brings people here from far and wide, it also brings a less welcome visitor — the near-deafening, tinnitus-inducing cacophony of honks and beeps of cars cruising along The Walk.

And there is the irony — The Walk is perpetually and permanently dominated by cars! Thousands of cars of all shapes and sizes, with a variety of melodious car horns. The average ambler may not notice this phenomenon. Strolling around, ice cream in hand, it could escape notice that JBR is not just another acronym but does in fact stand for Jumeirah Beach ‘Residence'. People actually live here, children sleep here, and peace and quiet is needed here.

Speaking as one of the aforementioned residents, I write this as my pictures shake in their frames and my glasses clink merrily together in the cupboard. Many floors above the noisy The Walk traffic, families try to live normal lives.

We battle on a daily basis as many as 400 vehicles every hour, trying in vain to shuffle their way along a single lane of quaintly paved cobbles, which should ideally be only for pedestrians.

Over the Eid holiday and in fact every weekend at this time of year, there are innocently ignorant drivers who think it will be great idea to coast around the thin strip of road, speakers blasting out and honking continuously. They forget that this is our home.

On numerous occasions, we have resorted to calling the authorities, or to shouting "Shut up!" very loudly out on the balconies — an action that results in little more than a hoarse voice and a strange cathartic release of pent-up aggression.

Others make a huge banner imploring all who read it to stop and as a last resort, finally turn up the volume on their stereos, hoping that the might of a home theatre system might drown out the honking. It doesn't. To all the thousands of drivers out there, the residents of JBR are begging you to show a little consideration.

Do we come to your house and honk for three long minutes at 2.30am just to demonstrate our frustration that other cars are in front of us? Do we come and play a music track at frighteningly loud decibels outside your bedroom window? No, we don't.

We don't serenade you nightly with the caterwauling of horns. We don't block your drive so it takes hours to crawl the last 100 metres home from work at night.

Share the JBR love — please do. But please respect the needs of its residents and maybe just walk.
    Source: Gulfnews

Poor people :)
    sigpic

Comment

I totally agree with the people who complain !

Its called JBR "walk" for a reason, to chill out and walk around, not walk around with cars.. I dont get the point behind people cruising in their cars on that single road, reving their engines very loud, leave alone honking.. Its very annoying not only for the tenants staying in JBR, but also to people sitting in those coffe houses who want to enjoy a cup of coffe or chat with someone, being interrupted by illetarates making noise to stand out from the crowd.. :thumbsdown:

Comment

+1
        3eli i agree wit wat u just wrote,i mean JBR's not lacking parking spots people could just park their rides and have a walk specially now with this nice weather,whereas spending all their time in a queue of cars honking and revvin...we all know how to but it is plain stupid to do it in such places where u r supposed to have a good time and not suffocate with car gases and get back home deaf with their noise!!!
        Btw the same phenomena happens in buhaira shj,i remember when i used to live their i used to c the same cars every weekend spendin the whole night till dawn cruising around and around speedin and revvin like crazy when u had kids all over the place playin on the grass.
        thats wat i call takhalof( someone translates pls :) )
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reak6ion View Post
          +thats wat i call takhalof( someone translates pls :) )
          Retardation ! So true..

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I agree with the people living in JBR and I also agree with the comments above.

However these people choose to love there and they were not forced to do it.

They should have considered the consequences of living at such a location. It's a simple rule,"buyer be ware".
            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

i know how those ppl feel, i suffer from the same back home at my area but some areas like commercial areas or tourism attraction areas has to be like this and to be honest some ppl are pampered in their countries that they can't stand the noise in JBR so what to do? i suggest moving to another place coz you can'y force ppl to behave in the way you want in this part of the world, plus to be honest i donot think it is that bad as for noise since the buidling is are slightly "dragged" backward away from the road by design
              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

^mahmoud believe me when u was in shj my building used to be a road away from the buhaira itself and i could hear every horn rev and drift those guys were doing specially when it was at 2am!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
                  i know how those ppl feel, i suffer from the same back home at my area but some areas like commercial areas or tourism attraction areas has to be like this and to be honest some ppl are pampered in their countries that they can't stand the noise in JBR so what to do? i suggest moving to another place coz you can'y force ppl to behave in the way you want in this part of the world, plus to be honest i donot think it is that bad as for noise since the buidling is are slightly "dragged" backward away from the road by design
                  :iagree:

you can'y force ppl to behave in the way you want in this part of the world
                  I don't think that it is possible in any civilised part of the world. Generally, I find that the people in the UAE are very understanding, accomodating and careful towards the rights and privacy of other people.

It all comes down what choices you make. I live in springs for example and it is extremely peaceful. The community as a whole is very peaceful and quiet.

Originally posted by reak6ion View Post
                  Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

^mahmoud believe me when u was in shj my building used to be a road away from the buhaira itself and i could hear every horn rev and drift those guys were doing specially when it was at 2am!!!
                  I agree with you, Sir.

However, these people made the decision to live in the middle of a tourist attraction, and they knew that the place would be tourist attraction. i don't see any justification for them to complain now.
                  sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

hasan i do agree with u Sir :)
                    residents in JBR are not blaming people to come in mass over there but are blaming the disturbances caused by cars queuing for hours cruising along the single strip of road, which imho can be drastically reduced if people parked their cars and had a walk instead of jammin the place.
                    sigpic

Comment

It's a prime location, not just for people to have a stroll, have a jog but for all walks of life. There's a one way road for a reason to minimize the amount of cars that come in. However this also causes frustration with the lack of spaces to stay for a while, or constantly stop to let people pass.

It's a locality, a community, which has a lot of exciting stuff and this is what attracts people. The folks who have a problem should leave this community and go to Jumeirah for a quite peaceful neighborhood. Just my 2 cents.

Project DVS
                      Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
                      CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

^+10!
                        sigpic

Comment

This happen mostly from bikers,Farrari and lambo Owners .. I feel sorry for the people over there but this is where most of the people in dubai/sharjah go to on weekends .. and revving is apparently one of the way to catch "girls" and take their attention to them .. thats why we call them "Retards" ...
                          sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                          E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
                            This happen mostly from bikers,Farrari and lambo Owners .. I feel sorry for the people over there but this is where most of the people in dubai/sharjah go to on weekends .. and revving is apparently one of the way to catch "girls" and take their attention to them .. thats why we call them "Retards" ...
                            and some ricers...

many lovely female tourists + many showoffs = Fail

Comment

I live in JBR since 1 and a half years and to be honest it was the worst choice I could have made.
                              Besides the fact that it takes about 1 hour to enter the parking during weekends , it is also impossible to sleep until 3:00 am. And I live on the 35th floor which is pretty high , I dont want to think what the people on the lower floors are going through.
                              The cars aren't the problem, its the bikes. The noise caused by them is unbearable.

Nd I dont agree with you Hassan , when you said that we chose to live here so deal with it. If police would do their job and not allow people to honk and do something about the bikes, there wouldn't be any problem.
                              07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X