No announcement yet.

RIP: Christophe Hissette dies at the "Radical Cup UAE National Championship"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP: Christophe Hissette dies at the "Radical Cup UAE National Championship"

Just got this a few minutes back, karting champion and ace Radical driver Christophe Hissette, 29, died today at the practice round for the Radical Cup UAE National Championship at the Dubai Autodrome. His Radical caught up fire at turn 16 and hit the wall to burst in flames. "Official" press releases differ from actual accounts I received regarding the rediness and speed the Autodrome marshalls attended to the incident with......

Dubai Autodrome's statement:

Dubai Autodrome Motorsport Club Statement
    Released by Dubai Autodrome Media Office

With respect for the tragic passing of Christophe Hissette, Dubai Autodrome have suspended activities at the main circuit for today Saturday, 24 April 2010.

The Amphitheatre area of the circuit, close to the scene of the accident, is open and accessible for those wishing to pay their respects. The entrance to the area is a right hand slip road 200 meters after the entrance to the Dubai Autodrome management building, across the road from Spinneys in Motorcity.

Investigations are ongoing in an effort to determine the cause of the accident, under the auspices of the Automobile & Touring Club of the UAE (ATCUAE) in conjunction with the Dubai police.

Dubai Autodrome wish to advise that any form of tributes or memorial services, at the venue, will be held solely at the behest of Christophe Hissette’s family and their wishes will be adhered to and fully supported.

At this time all staff of Dubai Autodrome share the grief and sorrow of this tragic incident and again extend our heartfelt condolences to Christophe Hissette’s family, racing team and friends. Our thoughts are with them.

Ends.

For further information contact Paul Velasco on:
    Mobile: 050-8557532
    Email: paulv@dubaiautodrome.com
    ATCUAE investigation findings:

An inquiry into the death of racing driver Christophe Hissette at Dubai Autodrome on Friday has concluded that mechanical failure was not responsible for the incident.

The 29-year old Belgian’s car was on its third lap in qualifying ahead of the Radical Cup race when it left the track “for no reason that can be attributed to mechanical failure”, the Automobile and Touring Club of the UAE (ATCUAE) said in its report.

“The car braked, veered left and then right, before impacting with the boundary wall. The impact is not considered to have been serious… [and] the driver lost consciousness between the time when the car left the track and came to a halt,” it continued.

The report, which examined data including eyewitness reports, the technical report on the race car, and CCTV footage, said that oil was sprayed over the car. This resulted in a fire which engulfed the car in flames.

The report praised the response of emergency services at the track, and said that it “was in full conformity with international motorsport standard procedures”. Fire marshals deployed 16 hand-held fire extinguishers and three fire tenders used 500 litres of water and foam to douse the fire.

“My heart goes out to the family and friends of Christophe Hissette,” said ATCUAE President Mohammed Ben Sulayem.

“He was truly a champion, both on and off the track, and will be missed by all. The incident was beyond anyone’s control, and it is very sad that a life has been lost.”

Hissette was a vastly experienced racing driver, the reigning European Masters Champion and a leading contender for the 2009-2010 GulfSport Radical Cup in the UAE.

He was also a multiple karting champion known for his versatility in all forms of road racing. Most recently, he won the Battery 24 Hours race at the Kartdrome as part of the Batelco team.

Hissette’s funeral will take place on Thursday April 29 at St. Francis Catholic Church in Jebel Ali.
    Source: http://www.arabianbusiness.com/58702...utodrome-death

Dubai Autodrome response:

“We acknowledge and respect the preliminary findings of the ATCUAE with regards to the investigation surrounding the tragic circumstances of Christophe Hissette’s accident at Dubai Autodrome during the GulfSport Radical Cup qualifying session on Friday, 23 April 2010."

"We thank FIA Vice President and ATCUAE President Mr Mohammed Ben Sulayem and his team for their thorough expert investigation into the accident and the subsequent preliminary report that the ATCUAE has released.

We, Dubai Autodrome staff and team, continue to mourn the sudden passing of Christophe Hissette and our thoughts are with his family and friends who we support during this time of grief.”

Saeed Khalfan, Dubai Autodrome Chairman

RIP champ.....You will be remembered.

Bio: http://www.auhmotorsports.com/who-we...s.aspx?id=1210

i doubt the marshalls were fast attending the accident scene....I certainly know that their security officers r crappy i tested it and succeeded...
    RIP Chris...
    sigpic

Comment

OMG.. i was in YAS MARINA just about to start my session in the Track Day when i heard those horrible news...

I knew him from several 24H Kart Races and he was a very nice guy!

God bless his soul!
      sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
      Dubai Investment Park 2
      The Curve Building Complex
      Warehouse No.1
      P.O Box 28638
      Dubai, United Arab Emirates
      Office: +97148830851
      Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
      Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
      Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Wirelessly posted (AK47's Blackberry: BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

God bless his soul... So young!
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

RIP Christophe Hissette
          1983 BMW 635CSI (owned 1991-1993)

Comment

R.I.P !!

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

RIP :(

Comment

sad news :(
                I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Wow, really sad news... R.I.P. :(
                  ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

sad news RIP god put mercy on his soul and on his loved ones
                    sigpic
                    :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

RIP.. He was a freind of my Cousins :(
                      Last edited by springz; 23-04-2010, 11:57 PM.
                      sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                      E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                      E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                      E23 735i - Sold

Comment

R.I.P .. :(
                        sigpic
                        07' HFP Accord | Current
                        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.310 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

May god rest his soul in peace.. Really sad to hear this :(
                          Current
                          E92 M3 - Mineral White
                          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                          E36 318is
                          E39 540i ///M sport
                          VW CC
                          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

May God rest his soul in Peace.. !

Comment

Very sad news, R.I.P
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                              Schrick cams
                              Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                              Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                              KW Coilovers V3
                              WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X