Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limo Rides in Capital now only for Dh40

Photo for illutrative purpose only

Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi residents will be able to travel in luxury cars such as Rolls Royce and Bentley for just Dh40 soon.

TransAD, the taxi regulatory authority in the emirate, announced new regulations for limousine service, which has approved a list of 10 car brands. They are Audi, Bentley, BMW, Cadillac, Cheverolet-Caprice Royal, Jaguar (400 doors), Lexus, Maybach, Mercedes (all classes except B-Class) and Rolls Royce.

The minimum fare will be Dh40, up to 10km ride, and Dh4 will be charged for each additional kilometre thereafter, said Huda Al Kaabi, senior communication officer at TransAD.
    Own tariff

Still, the operator can propose their own tariff based on the standard of the cars but it must get the approval from TransAD, she said.

The limousine service in the emirate was unregulated as there was no particular authority to take care of this sector, Huda said.

Although the regulations came into effect a month ago, TransAD has not announced the number of limousine operators registered under the new scheme or the number of cars started operating in the emirate.

"The companies who registered with us have to make an agreement also. That process is progressing," the official said.

She said the passengers cannot book limousine on the TransAD toll-free number, but each operator will have their own call centre to receive bookings. "The operators are not allowed to work without a booking system."
    Minimum number

According to the regulations, operators who can run a minimum number of cars in a particular region of the emirate will be given the licence. The operators should have minimum 25 cars in Abu Dhabi region, 15 in Al Ain and five in Al Gharbia.

Registration of this minimum number of cars costs Dh125,000 (for 25 cars) in Abu Dhabi , Dh75,000 (15 cars) in Al Ain and Dh25,000 (five vehicles) in Al Gharbia.

TransAD will take strict action against limousines operating without a TransAD license, the official said. "All existing operators should register with us and they cannot renew their vehicle permits from the Traffic Police without TransAD approval," Huda added.
    Source: bmwblog

a list of 10 car brands. They are Audi, Bentley, BMW, Cadillac, Cheverolet-Caprice Royal, Jaguar (400 doors), Lexus, Maybach, Mercedes (all classes except B-Class) and Rolls Royce.

400 doors???
    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

I'm confused as well tbh,,,
      sigpic

Comment

i see they have 15cars in alain.. haha ssense will be going to work in a cab after all

Comment

:rofl:
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
            400 doors???
            Originally posted by reak6ion View Post
            I'm confused as well tbh,,,
            I guess they wanted to type 400 hp instead of doors..

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
            i see they have 15cars in alain.. haha ssense will be going to work in a cab after all
            My work is 3 Kms away, so its only Dhs 80/day, so why not ! I'll have the RR for next week and the week after it a Bentley followed by the Maybach S62 :irule:

Comment

:rofl2:

BMW history:
              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

ring taxi ftw

Comment

Working...
                X