Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Accelerating problems

Hello Everyone..
    a Normal day like everyday i woke up get dressed to go to uni. :)
    and i go out to find my young brother doing me a favor and washing the car + the ENGINE!!!

yes.. he was washing the Engine with water! :(
    now tried to dry the engine down and kept the car for a whole day .. but today when i went to uni it was ok .. on my way back i faced some accelerating problems .. as if there was something stuck ..
    Could it be the water inside the Engine?

sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
    E23 735i - Sold

OMG .... a lot of things dude to start with for the diagnostic ..

but you said it was OK .. so th water should be already steamed and dry ... but sometimes the coilovers

but what do you mean by something stuck .. do you mean the engine is misfiring or the car is hesitating to move ... is it only at low RPM .. ??

maybe someone else has some more advices for you to check ... and good luck anyway :)

Comment

Yah Even when the car is stopped .. like there is a vaibration u can feel it.. and when u press on gas.. ( you know how the old mustang sounds ) Same thing..
      when i drive around 20 to 40km/h i feel like the car has no power.. I dono whats wrong Exactly ..
      Last edited by springz; 13-04-2010, 05:00 AM.
      sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
      E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
      E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
      E23 735i - Sold

Comment

coils and sparkplugs... you can start from checking those.

Comment

+1 check one by one ....there will be water in there, dry them and change the sparkplugs (its better), and good luck man

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

yeah ..if it vibrates .. mean no spark in one of the cylndrs .. bring it if you want ..i'll check it out for u ;)

Comment

I think ur car is currently running on 5 cylinders like a Volvo would :D

Comment

rabi3....you can check it by urself, just pull out each coil plug while the engine on, if the vibration increase that’s mean that sparkplug/cylinder working properly, but if it’s not that mean that cylinder not working due to the sparkplug failure..let us know wht is the situation

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Thanks guys for the Advices ill make sure To check on them :)
                  sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                  E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                  E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                    rabi3....you can check it by urself, just pull out each coil plug while the engine on, if the vibration increase that’s mean that sparkplug/cylinder working properly, but if it’s not that mean that cylinder not working due to the sparkplug failure..let us know wht is the situation
                    You do can also a simple check without removing anything by starting the car from cold and touching the exhaust ports next each cylinder,which ever port is colder than the rest ! is your problem coil,plug or injector etc etc .

Comment

Problem Solved The Vibrating is gone and the Car is back to Normal..
                      Thanx Guys :)
                      sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                      E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                      E23 735i - Sold

Comment

congrats. what was the issue

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
                          Problem Solved The Vibrating is gone and the Car is back to Normal..
                          Thanx Guys :)
                          You ask for advice we give you advice so please dont just say problem solved and the car is back to normal.
                          What was the issue ?
                          Last edited by Shak; 15-04-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X