I had a bad day Yesterday...or did i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a bad day Yesterday...or did i?

Friday 2nd of April, heading towards Marina Circuit...

the day started very nicely, nice weather with cool breeze and peacefull streets. i was very happy that I had sorted all the issues out with the car before yesterday's trackday took place. yes It was ready for the trackday.i was also exited with my new set of semi slicks...

then the trackday started. ohh my God, i understood that street tires have got nothing to do with the track... i was faster than a ferrari F430 in intermediate class...till i broke the selector of my gearbox... :)

then u guess the rest of the history... recovery comes and takes the car bla bla bla

i came home, and opened the incar video i shot with the new camera mount i got from Lutfy.

when i saw the vids, i said ...........!!! i was rigth at the limit of the car. i was about to loose the control so many times at the 2 blind and fast corners of YAS circuit... damn, i was so exited that i could not realise my thrill which was driving me crayz... i was going out of control...

moral of the story:

i am sure i would have ended up with a crash or something if this small breakdown did not happen. and if it happened, i would say "i wish there was something like a breakdown to stop me before"

So, what i can say is, human being is always ungratefull... i was so till i saw the video... but now i think i am very very very lucky.

sometimes bad things may conduce to good things, or prevent even worse things from happening.

i am gratefull.
    Last edited by pathfinder; 03-04-2010, 01:18 PM. Reason: grammer mistake

yes you should be grateful to god that this break down happened......alot of times we don't know why bad things happen and we feel bad, but god always make bad things happen to us to prevent worse things from happening
    I am glad you are safe Hasan :)
    I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

be careful man!!

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

close call!
        2008 325i coupe
        Stock

Comment

you really need to take it easy on the shifter

Comment

thanks guys

bruno: it was the shortshifter i suppose... i was not so kind on the gear knob however shortshifter also triggered the reaction

Comment

you shift like a pure turkish guy... this is why i said easy on the shifter :rofl: you need to take a relaxing pill or something

Comment

uehuehe yess exactly

btw just checked the car, it was a small stupit bolt which was loose... i cannot believe :)

Comment

Thank God you're alright Hasan ! Next time push the car to 'Your' limits where you can handle, dont over do it bro..

Be careful..

Comment

thanks arbab :)

btw where the hell are you man? come to dubai sometimes!

Comment

Sure, will do on some Friday and give you a call, as I know you're busy on the weekdays ;)

Comment

post the videos man ! would love to see some of them ;-)

we say, don't hate a thing, it may be for your best !

even when u crash, one should say, thanks God, it may have ended up in a lot worse :-)

cheers man, and keep it up ;-)
                        Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
                        Majeed Photography

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Time for better aero package :Coffe:

Comment

yalla guys here is the vid just before the breakdown

i am trying to censor the breakdown vid cos of the content hehe

will post that one as well soon

http://www.facebook.com/v/429515512994

Comment

As i said on the phone... you have to take it easy bro... That was not your usual driving style... way tooo agressive... Smashing the gears like in a 59 model Hanomag Bulldozer, releasing throttle in corner... beeing way to agressive on the throttle anyway..loosing it several times in high speed where only luck prevented you from crashing badly!

You should thank that bold who prevented you from ruining the day big time..frame it and hang it in your room.. This bold saved you and the car that day!
                              You gotta take it easier man otherwise the car and even you wont last long!
                              sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                              Dubai Investment Park 2
                              The Curve Building Complex
                              Warehouse No.1
                              P.O Box 28638
                              Dubai, United Arab Emirates
                              Office: +97148830851
                              Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
                              Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
                              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
                              Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Working...
                              X