Breaking: Mercedes-Benz E65 AMG in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking: Mercedes-Benz E65 AMG in the works

According to the German press, a new 2011 Mercedes E65 AMG is coming soon. Apparently, the 2011 Mercedes E65 AMG will hide under its skin a 6.0 liter V12 monster that will send more than 600 hp and more than 737 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels. If this rumor turns out to be true, the 2011 Mercedes E65 AMG will be a quite a beast. The 2011 Mercedes E65 AMG is expected to come on the market later this year, but at this time, official information regarding this new version has not been released. The 2011 Mercedes E65 AMG price is peculated to be around the 150,000 EUR mark, but the car promises to offer a lot for this kind of money.

We'll have more details on the 2011 Mercedes E65 AMG as soon, or if, the company makes them available.

Source: zercustoms

F10 M5 vs E65 AMG

can't wait to watch/read those reviews!

:drool:

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

^^ +1 :drool:
      2008 325i coupe
      Stock

Comment

as usual th amg will win

Comment

in straight line :P ! but i love the coupe E !

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
          Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
            as usual th amg will win
            My encounters with this classic duel on magazines, the M5 has always won. Yes it's 2nd on the straight line/burnouts bonanza front, but it was a far first in every other aspect (brakes, handling, steering, consistency, technology,...)

I don't think this one would be different....

Comment

benz>*

Comment

Looks like Mercedes are waiting for the F10 M5, thats why they've kept their best 65 AMG engine on the E class to compete and release along with the F10 M5..

Comment

hmmm interesting.... agree with you all on the same.... but in this part of the world, i believe its the AMG that dominates as all they are concerned about is straightline speed.... you dont see many ppl taking their M5/AMG onto the track....

on a separate note, i wonder when the war of horse powers will end :dunno: if this keeps goin on in the same rate, soon the veyron will be a daily driver :P
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Horsepower war is increasing day by day and Kleemann, Brabus, Rentech are playing well by fetching upto 700+ hps on these 65 engines..

Comment

this will be an interesting car to look out for fo shizzle! looking forward to the comparison with the M5 :D
                      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

The M cars always out perform AMG on tracks but AMG are getting closer by the day focusing on handling and braking more than the usual brutal force approach.

Comment

Well usually it's: E63 V.S M5

the E65 was never there before, but a V12 twin turbo needs more than just a V8 twin turbo to compete with. Probably something from G-power ...
                          Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
                          19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
                          M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Comment

Working...
                          X