Lewis Hamilton arrested!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lewis Hamilton arrested!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

I just got word he was seen doing burnouts in his Mercedes S500, the car got impounded and Hamilton was charged!! :D

Could anybody confirm it??

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton apologized for his "over exuberant" driving after his personal car was impounded by police near the entrance to the Australian Grand Prix on Friday.

The 2008 F1 champion was charged with improper use of a vehicle, and the silver Mercedes Sedan will not be eligible for release until Monday.

"I was driving in an over-exuberant manner and, as a result, was stopped by the police," Hamilton said in a statement. "What I did was silly, and I want to apologize for it."

Police constable Scott Woodford said the 25-year-old Hamilton's rear wheels were skidding as he accelerated out of Albert Park, where Sunday's race is being staged.

"He was disappointed with the incident but extremely cooperative with police," Woodford said. "Given that Melbourne's on the world stage with a lot of interstate and international visitors, we would expect drivers to observe road rules."

In 2007, Hamilton's car was impounded in France after he was caught speeding by police.

Earlier Friday, Hamilton set the fastest lap in Friday's rain-affected second practice session.

His time of 1 minute, 26.801 seconds put him a quarter of a second ahead of McLaren teammate and British compatriot Jenson Button.
    http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/spor...ice-423644.php

Now that is plain stupid... Why would you do that when you can vent out on the track in an F1 car... and that also in a Mrcedes S class :lol:...
    Last edited by Afnan; 26-03-2010, 05:55 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

-2009 Nissan GTR (Switzer P600)
    -2011 VW Golf-R

Comment

simple answer...the need for speed :)
      But this doesn't make him an exampl to follow!! Track is track and streets are som else
      Funny though :D
      sigpic

Comment

at least drift a proper car :thumbsdown:

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

^+1
          Last edited by Afnan; 26-03-2010, 10:16 PM.

-2011 VW Golf-R

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

More money than sense!

Comment

Plain Stupid ! He couldnt do it in England and thought he would get away with it in Australia :thumbsdown:

BTW it wasnt an S500, its mentioned it was a silver Merc and from the pic below it looks like a C63 AMG..

Comment

Yea... that is a c63...

-2011 VW Golf-R

Comment

shame on you hamilton, if you want to have fun come to our HPDS rather than going crazy on public streets :D:D
                  Last edited by mahmoud_bedewi; 27-03-2010, 09:17 PM.
                  I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

S500 or c63 this guy is stupid
                    +1 to Ali!!he thought he could do whatever he wanted to do!I wonder why car gets impounded for 48hrs only though that's nothin'!!
                    sigpic

Comment

moron!
                      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

This confirms my new mottos; "racing has gone soft"! The man aint getting his adrenalin fix form the world of F1 :rofl:

Comment

No jail?

Comment

Originally posted by Bisho View Post
                            No jail?
                            I guess the Australian jails are packed full, no place for Lewis :rofl:

Comment

Nice one Ali :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                              X