Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that's a Peugeot I like!!

Sleek SR1 Hints At Peugeot’s Future Style

While we can usually count on French automakers to present a truly wacky concept at European auto shows, Peugeot instead offered the relatively practical SR1 to attendees of this year’s Geneva Motor Show.

Leaving the high concept design exercise to Bertone’s Pandion, the SR1 is an incredibly attractive convertible coupe that reminds us as much of an Aston Martin as it does the classic 504. According to the automaker, the SR1 revisits “great traditions of grand touring cars of the past: a large bonnet, flowing wings and a very low center of gravity.” If it worked for Pininfarina and Sir William Lyons, we think it’ll work for Peugeot.

Though Peugeot calls it a “dream car par excellence,” there’s a very good chance that the brand’s future products will bear more than a passing resemblance to the SR1. “More than ever, the aesthetic traits of this concept show the general design trends of the Marque’s future products, renewing Peugeot’s strong stylistic identity,” the company said. The SR1 also debuts the restyled Peugeot lion, the face of the brand since the 1850s.

The concept has a hybrid drivetrain borrowed from a real-world car: the upcoming 2011 Peugeot 3008. HYbrid4 technology combines a gas engine in the front and an electric engine in the back to achieve about 48 MPG with four wheel drive and over 300 hp on tap, which Peugeot says “offers convincing proof that driving pleasure can be combined with environmental friendliness.”

Read More http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/03...#ixzz0hD1bHJ4R

Source: Autopia.com
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Its still a concept, by the time it makes it to production they'll make hundreds of changes and make it look ugly.. Nonetheless, i like the front end, looks like Aston Martin's..

Comment

notice how the seating setup is 2+1... I LOVE that :D it is quite a beautiful looking thing!

never make it out like that... but beautiful nonetheless!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Nice!
        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

like ali said. . . before they actually decide to mass produce this gorgeous looking thing, it'd turn out to look like ugly betty. . . blegh
          2008 325i coupe
          Stock

Comment

Working...
          X