Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what happens when you cheap out on tires!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what happens when you cheap out on tires!

So I was driving down the SZR Autobhan yesterday heading to the office in Media City State when i heard a loud explosion and the body started shacking. at first i thought i was struck by something but then quickly pulled over to check on the tires.

the dunlop tires are supposed to be somehow newly installed by the previous owner...

out of all the tires that i managed to blow up in the past 3 years i never came across such a bad quality rupture.

somesay i can get it fixed/sowed back to original state back in sharjah :rofl:

Wow! Were your tires stretched?
    '08 G37S with bolt-ons, a drop and 20's

Comment

looool... Sharjah FTW!!!

Thank God nothing really happened to you though, going faster might have ended in a completely different problem... Allah satar!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by G37Sam View Post
        Wow! Were your tires stretched?
        no. it was the stock size 275 35 R18 at the back

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
        looool... Sharjah FTW!!!

Thank God nothing really happened to you though, going faster might have ended in a completely different problem... Allah satar!
        thanks man...

Comment

that's my bro's previous car (like 2 years ago) :D so i bet you the tires haven't been changed for 4 years :rofl:

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

waaaaw......7amdela 3la el salama bruno, and if haissam right and the tires havent changed since that time......allah satarak ya man

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

no man they have been changed... like 3-4 months. they still have 80% thread left

Comment

if its as u said.....and u changed them new from dealer? u can send them to hell for that.....!!! the warranty should be for 6 month at least

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

its the previous owner who changed them and i don't have the bill... no problem coz i don't want them i hate dunlop!

Comment

What's next ?! I mean did you get any new tires or what are you planning to get ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      its the previous owner who changed them and i don't have the bill... no problem coz i don't want them i hate dunlop!
                      +11111111111111

Comment

Wow!!... Thank God you are fine... I had issues with Dunlops too when I had them on the 330i (came with those tyres from the dealer)... But I didn't have that bad of a blowout... That is definitely a manufacturing defect (unless the tyres are old manufacturing year and not stored properly), I would take it to Dunlop and have them look at the tyre.
                        ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

i'm currently using a bridgestone tire that was one of those that were sitting around in the garage. OMG one of the noisiest tires that i've tried. imagine just one tire and th noise doubled in the cabin :rofl:

i don't want to bother myself with any other brand. i want pirelli!

Comment

Wow man than God nothing happened to u.. :S as petrolhead said u should take it to Dunlop and let them have a look..
                            sigpic
                            BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post

i don't want to bother myself with any other brand. i want pirelli!

Comment

Working...
                              X