NEW SPEED LIMITS IN DUBAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW SPEED LIMITS IN DUBAI

From November 1, trucks, buses and light vehicles such as pick-up trucks, minibuses and taxis will face severe punishment if they exceed the speed limit by 10km per hour. Other motorists have been given a grace of 20km per hour.

Dubai: The police's traffic department will come down harder on certain categories of motorists, giving them little margin to exceed the speed limit, a senior official said.

From November 1, trucks, buses and light vehicles such as pick-up trucks, minibuses and taxis will face severe punishment if they exceed the speed limit by 10km per hour, said Major General Mohammad Saif Al Zafein, Director of the Dubai Police Traffic Department.

Other motorists have been given a grace of 20km per hour.

Maj Gen Al Zafein said he had proposed a grace limit of 5km/h for trucks and taxis. However, Lieutenant-General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Chief of Dubai Police, approved a grace limit of 10 km/h.
    http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/tr...eding-1.516451

good but how the hell would a radar/camera know if a certain car is a taxi to flash it!

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Well, They changed their number plates lately from black to yellow...

I think this was the reason for swapping. :dunno:
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

maybe they ll fix the radars to some certain speed (minimum speed) i guess then i think they ll check the pics and they ll know if it is taxi or truck or normal car....(but i dont think it is like that!!)

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
        E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

maybe police patrol to control it and spy on us :dunno:

Comment

I dont think the radar can recognize the colour of ur plate.. they only recognize speed and capture ur pic..otherwise they would be able to catch bikes speeding and they simpley cant do that!!
            sigpic
            :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
              maybe they ll fix the radars to some certain speed (minimum speed) i guess then i think they ll check the pics and they ll know if it is taxi or truck or normal car....(but i dont think it is like that!!)
              but then the radars would be flashing everyone & that's not convenient & inefficient :dunno:

Originally posted by akanso View Post
              maybe police patrol to control it and spy on us :dunno:
              yeah they can install the in-car radar/laser systems just like in abu dhabi

Originally posted by Ahmed.Sallam View Post
              I dont think the radar can recognize the colour of ur plate.. they only recognize speed and capture ur pic..otherwise they would be able to catch bikes speeding and they simpley cant do that!!
              radars can still catch & flash speeding bikes but they don't get a ticket coz they got no front reg plate :)

BMW history:

Comment

Bike time then...

Comment

I think any tougher rules will help reduce those drastic accidents which include big trucks etc! Those poor truck drivers do long shifts and end up being sleepy most of the times. driving fast to get to their intended location is not the solution! plus the fact that any hit from those big trucks to a normal car is a major disaster to the car. not much damage will happen to the truck. Something we dont have here in kuwait is the restriction on trucks to use the last (slow) lane. They drive wherever they want! not sure if there is a rule and its just not getting followed. I've seen truck drivers in dubai follow the rule and stick to that last lane, which is a very good thing; safty that is.
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    Bike time then...
                    prisdenteh lets make bike HPDS now :P
                    since after a while there is no point in driving if the freakin metro is faster than us!!!!
                    dont get me wrong its not about speeding .The problem is related to the driver attitude alone like majority of accidents happens from bad attitude on the road. For example u can do betweens without causing any problem to anyone and u can do it in a way that causes 10 cars involved in one accident.At the end its ur attitude that matters not what speed u r into.

the 7 guys who got killed that day was simpley becoz the driver was stupid enough to take max left lane suddenly. He had a choice either to get delayed or be stupid he choosed to be stupid and that is not related to his speed.At the end they come and haunt us down with radars u know what would this decision would cause imagine this senario those guys would do heavy breaking suddenly and us would be behind them thinking that we only need to reduce till 20km above limit so they would do sudden breaking heavier rate than us coming from the back...in my opinion more accidents.. imagine these senarios to start now!!!
                    sigpic
                    :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

In either case, I'd rather just stick to the 10km/h limit over the actual speed limit to avoind any problems! it's just not worth paying for a speeding ticket!
                      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                        but then the radars would be flashing everyone & that's not convenient & inefficient :dunno:
                        as i heared the new radars are without flash lightm am i correct?

and wellcome to the bike ...BMW bikes :bmwbest:

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                          as i heared the new radars are without flash lightm am i correct?

and wellcome to the bike ...BMW bikes :bmwbest:
                          i dont think so, i saw them flashing couple of times.... not at me fortunately ! lol
                          Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
                          Majeed Photography

Comment

yeah i see them flashing even in the sunniest days :)

BMW history:

Comment

the new radars? the flashing one is the old ...not the new one.....mmmmm :hmm:

Comment

Working...
                              X