Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And they tell us German cars are expensive!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And they tell us German cars are expensive!!

So straight to the highlights:

$18,400 for a new hood
    $3,392.50 for a front spoiler
    $632.50 for a set of hood pins

These prices are for the new Mustang Shelby GT500KR...Here's the article:

When we drove the Shelby GT500KR at Miller Motorsports Park last May, we were impressed with the steps that Ford and Shelby had taken to make its new King of the Road a special vehicle. Not only was the KR a huge improvement over the GT500 (which led to the development of the 2010 GT500), but the car featured trick items like a carbon fiber hood and lightweight wheels wrapped with R-compound tires. At that time, Shelby also proudly told us that none of the KR-specific parts would be available for sale separately to ensure that owners of lesser Mustangs could not make shadetree replicas that might compromise the KR's image. Of course, all of this exclusivity and performance came at a price: $79,995 to be exact.

$18,400 for a new hood, $3,392.50 for a front spoiler, and $632.50 for a set of hood pinsUnfortunately, as one GT500KR owner has learned the hard way, replacement parts for this pony car can be surprisingly dear. After an unfortunate incident with a critter on the road resulted in a modestly damaged front end, the owner in question was shocked to learn about the high cost of his vehicle's replacement parts. And as is increasingly the way these days, he aired his displeasure on the web. That initial report has since touched off a firestorm in the online Shelby community, with the issue spreading to numerous forums and chat rooms.

So just why were these replacement parts such a contentious issue? In the main, it's a numbers thing. As in $18,400 for a new hood, $3,392.50 for a front spoiler, and even $632.50 for a set of hood pins, among other things. Further, the disgruntled owner informed a forum member that Shelby requires any damaged KR parts to be returned to their facility in Las Vegas before new replacements can be sent out.

Obviously, a bit of due diligence was needed to verify the claimed replacement pricing and parts return policy, so we got on the phone with Jim Owens, vice president of marketing and communications at Shelby to get the straight scoop. Click through to the jump to hear what we learned.
    More on: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/11/s...b-outrage-eru/

Ridiculous ! Compared to that our BMWs are relatively dirt cheap..

Comment

yeah its true.... An E92 M3 hood would cost you 1100$ as per realoem.com :D

But i would say that this is a special edition of the shelby gt500 and as you know a special edition of a BMW would also run you down alot of money (i.e CSL).
      sigpic
      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
      Falcons Garage
      Carbotech

Comment

CSL hood for ?

Still lower than 18,400$ !!!
        sigpic
        07' HFP Accord | Current
        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

+1

Comment

haha.... right but how much would an authentic csl seats, cf roof, etc??? believe me they cost alot.

and i also said that they would cost u alot but did not say they do cost more or less :read:
            sigpic
            iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
            Falcons Garage
            Carbotech

Comment

plus did the owner ever hear about full insurance??? how the hell does he buy such an expensive car with no insurance??
              sigpic
              iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
              Falcons Garage
              Carbotech

Comment

Bashar i can still smell Omer's mustang smell in you, lose it up bro :P

Comment

haha Ali, yeah man big respect for those machines as they are great at what they do....
                  sigpic
                  iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                  Falcons Garage
                  Carbotech

Comment

I still love those old 1965 Shelbys and old Cobras like Omer's rather than the new 'so called' American muscle cars, the new American cars are trying their best to do the best they can, they might be fast in straight lines but talking of handling they're compared to nothing..
                    Last edited by SSense; 14-09-2009, 02:01 AM.

Comment

yup i agree but handling was never in the equation :) if u want a fast (very fast) V8 car that u would cruise in and have blasting WOT down the road a COBRA can do the job perfectly.

for us.... our BMWs are good enough :)
                      sigpic
                      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                      Falcons Garage
                      Carbotech

Comment

Hey i am here

ehheheheheh

Comment

Ayham thanks alot man, It seems like it took you a very long time to find one spacial edition american car that has an insane price tags on its parts.

hhehehe just kidding.

I agree with you it is insane but that is one car

but one honest question, why you guys allways try to throw fire on non-bmw cars ??? even if they were good you don't admit it ??

IMO all cars are great in their own way . .

Ali and bashar thanks guys for the comments.

Ali miss you man where have you been
                          sorry back to topic

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                            I still love those old 1965 Shelbys and old Cobras like Omer's rather than the new 'so called' American muscle cars, the new American cars are trying their best to do the best they can, they might be fast in straight lines but talking of handling they're compared to nothing..
                            100 % i agree with you.

Comment

well I love some of the american cars looks even for the new ones .My fav car list would always contain a Corvette ALWAYS. but the only thing I hate about american cars is one and only thing their interior coz it is so ugly the oldeys were much better quality.

regarding cost no I think both have the same insanity when u want to go wild. on the Sheleby I think its the name issue anything related to the "Sheleby" goes sky high.

In this country handling is not a priority since most of the roads are straight and not everyone tracks his car so it isnt that much of a necissity but they all love the power:)
                              from that prospective Powerfull german cars becomes expensive compared to the same powerfull american cars not the unusual "sheleby".
                              sigpic
                              :///M: More POWER Means More RESPONSIBILTIES .....at the end you ll pay ur freakin traffic fines like everybody so stop smoking whatever u have been smoking:smoke:

Comment

Working...
                              X