Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Law On Tinting & U.V Protection Film ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW Law On Tinting & U.V Protection Film ????

Hey guys wanted to make sure this is true or just some bull**** !! , I heard theres a new law on Tinting and UV Film, I was told that u can tint the vehicle with a max of 30% tint for all side doors windows but the front windshield isnt allowed for any kind or Tint Or UV Film Protection .... I called up RTA and they told me that "Were allowed to put side and rear tints up to 30% and nuthing for the front shield not even the 100% clear UV Film protection.... and all colors will be baned and if found with the tint you will be fined up to 10.000 Aed and 1 month impound !!! " Now did anywhere hear of this ?????
    From Wat I've Done, Is Who I've Become ..

Isnt this the same "OLD" rule?
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

WHAT?!!? I've got the font UV protection tint! the 100% clear actually! crap... someone needs to get us some answers!!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Yes ive heard this in Abu Dhabi which is true, even my friend got caught for having the 5 inch tint on his front windshield..

The rule of 30% black tint on the sides + rear has been since the beginning, the same applies now, whereas the front should not have any tint, not even clear UV Film protection..

Comment

ya3ni what the hell?! the weather here isn't exactly "pleasant" per se... I live off this front UV protector since my car has black interior!
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Most of the BMWs, specially M cars, are already equipped with OEM clear protection front windhields, ive got on the passenger and driver sides too..

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
              Isnt this the same "OLD" rule?
              Yes its a very old rule, same old, the difference is they have just started becoming strict about any kind of tint on the front windhshield, thats all..

Comment

Well i knew about the dark and color tints for the front but never knew of the clear ....I just heard about it this week and it dnt make any sense at all !!!
                From Wat I've Done, Is Who I've Become ..

Comment

Well the only way they can tell if you have a clear film up front is they shine a flashlight on it, with the naked eye they can't tell
                  ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Yes, it's true. This rule came in effect this year for the front windshields. It's to clearly identify the faces when on a camera during time of offense. It's a different thing if you're caught though :)

Project DVS
                    Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
                    CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

i agreed with SSense & P3RPL3XITY....i heared it also ....coz there was alot of decline some fines specialy for the overspeed cam and so meany ppl denied that there were not the drivers and so on.......
                      and it ll be as the old rule but the front its not allowed at all even for locals.....but if they had some medical issue such as in eyes for the sunbeam..they can had exceptions...and if the car registered on a com. name....and they had any percentage of tint and had been cought....there ll be fine as Drifter81 mentioned...so welcome to the sun beam guys

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

:whathesaid: Well, if you put it that way it does make sense. Similar theme here, like with everything else. Because of some selfish cows, everybody suffers.
                        Current
                        2004 EVO VIII
                        Previous
                        2002 :///M:5, 2003 :///M:3, 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2003 330ci
                        2006 S2000, 1999 :///M:Coupe, 1992 E34 :///M:5
                        1999 EVO VI, 2000 Lumina SS

Comment

:huh:

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                          E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

one more reason to keep my Saudi tags :)
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                            Schrick cams
                            Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                            Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                            KW Coilovers V3
                            WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

as far as i know the main reason is because it would reflect on other cars during the day and weather u r and r not driving the car YOU WILL GET FINED FOR OVERSPEEDING

Comment

Working...
                              X