Marriage Proposal in a BMW 135i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage Proposal in a BMW 135i

Proposing to your loved can be a difficult and stressful moment, especially since everyone is looking for that special, unique, original moment or….place. We’ve seen guys getting down on their knees in a restaurant, right? In a romantic vacation on the beach, am I right again? What about the wrap of a large box and filled with smaller boxes all wrapped around the last box that she will come to where she will find the smallest ring inside?

You’re correct, we have seen all of these, but what we are going to show you next, we pretty much doubt that anyone has seen so far…..or have you?

Combining the love for our dear BMWs and our loved ones can be difficult, especially when you start naming your cars and get attached to them. Then you end up in a spot where sometimes you need to make a choice: a dinner with the loved one or a night out cruising with your “other girlfriend”. Even worse, what about combining the purchase of a BMW with a marriage proposal? Feeling the pressure yet? Can one pull it off? Will the “real girlfriend” get mad at you?

Lots of questions, but apparently, there is an answer to all of this and Curtis, a member of 1addicts forum, might have found it and even better, he pulled it off …..ALIVE.

Us, at BMWBLOG, give him props for this new, innovative way to propose to his girlfriend and congratulations for both beauties, the fiancee and the 135i Coupe.

So, my girlfriend and I had been dating for close to two years and I had been driving my 335i ever since I met her. She knew I was a BMW enthusiast and supported my expensive hobbies, attending meets, spending time on the forums, staying up late working on cars with the guys…etc.

She had been driving a ‘02 Pontiac sunfire since it was new and the thing liked like a crinkled up silver beer can and was falling apart. She had just gotten on salary as a full time teacher here locally and decided that she wanted a new ‘nice’ car. Being the avid bimmer fan that I am, of course I recommended a 135i!

After I brokered the deal for her, we had to wait about a week for the car to be shipped in from Philly. Unannounced to her, I had purchased her engagement ring about a month prior and was still trying to figure out a unique way to propose.

She is pretty cunning so its hard for me to plan big surprises. Therefore going to pick up the car would be my perfect cover story! I am good friends with the client advisor that sold us the car and he was more than happy to help out! So I called up my good friend, Ian, who is an amateur photographer and E90 poster and asked if he could hide out at the dealer to capture the moment.

Once Ian was in place my roommate, Cole, drove Danielle and I to the dealer. It was funny because all of the dealer workers were huddled around the sales manager desk silently grinning at us as we walked through the door. Luckily she didn’t catch on ;) Our client advisor showed her the car and ran through the tutorial of how everything works then, as planned, told her and I to follow him to the service desk (which was out of sight of the showroom) to go over the owners manual, total BS but we had to get her out of the of the showroom, so Cole could pull the ring out of the trunk of his car and place it on the dash.

After we BS’d enough about the owners manual we proceeded back to the showroom to show her ‘one last thing’ about the car. We walked up to the drivers side door and told her to get in, she sat down and looked up at us like…OK whats next? while her ring was right under her nose!!!

Dumbfounded, I kind of stumbled my words and said, go ahead and put the key in and start it up…which she did and STILL didn’t notice the ring! At that point I didn’t know what to say so i just kind of starred at her, prompting her to ask ‘is everything OK?’ thinking quick on his feet, the client advisor said, why don’t you check the miles for me which finally did the trick! Ian made his way down and we took a few pictures and we were on our way to celebrate for the rest of the weekend!
    Remember when we told that BMW fans are the most passionate ones and at the same time a bit crazier than the rest? Great idea, way to pull it off, but be aware, don’t try this at home unless you feel confident.

Thanks for the story Curtis!

Source: bmwblog

:clap: way to go !!!
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

this is the real sport love
      romantic :bmwfan:

Currently Own:
      -2009 BMW 335i
      -2007 BMW 540i
      -----------------------
      follow me in twitter
      @MANSOOR335I

Comment

way to go man
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

:D
          sigpic
          07' HFP Accord | Current
          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

NEW Diamond and New BMW she can't say NO .....
            Alpina B3 3.0i 1995 saloon N:0286 :drive:
            Alpina B5 4.4ltr V8 supercharged, saloon, 2007, N:260

Comment

She's almost as pretty as the car. :rofl2:
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
              Schrick cams
              Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
              Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
              KW Coilovers V3
              WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

What girl??

Comment

it looks like Yaris from back!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisho View Post
                    it looks like Yaris from back!
                    sigpic
                    07' HFP Accord | Current
                    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

...shes got quite a nice handbag! :)

what are you guys on about?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
                        +1

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                        Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lothario View Post
                          ...shes got quite a nice handbag! :)
                          Louis Vuitton :read:

Comment

this is a very good idea for a proposal

and for bisho

Comment

Hopefully they won't end up on Dr. Phill!

Comment

Working...
                              X