Car has to be impounded for 15 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car has to be impounded for 15 days!

Just wanted to ask you guys if anyone has previous experience impounding their cars? As in where to go and what to do.

:officer::officer::officer::officer:
    sigpic

What is the reason behind the car being impounded

Comment

Umm, thought you guys would wanna kno.. :D

I "apparently" jumped a red signal...
      Im alright with the fine and blackpoints, it was my fault...

But im just a bit worried bout leaving the car there for 15 days...
      Will we be able to drive it in and cover it? Or will the :police: take it at the entrance?
      sigpic

Comment

had my car impounded twice - my previous car, not the M3 :-), once for a month, and second time for two weeks, i was allowed to have it covered ! it was in abu dhabi though !
        Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
        Majeed Photography

Comment

oK jumping a red light = 8 black points, AED 800 fine and 15 days vehicle confistication..

I think only the Police do the honour of taking cars to the compound, if you dont take it now by yourself and hand it over to them then later when you go to renew your car they'll just take it away and keep it for 15 days..

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
            I think only the Police do the honour of taking cars to the compound

I thought as much! :cry:
            And yes, im handing it in at the end of the week.

Why cant they take me!! :taser:

:)
            sigpic

Comment

true, but ur always allowed to visit the compound and cover up ur car !
              Regards,

Majeed El-Chemor
              Majeed Photography

Comment

Originally posted by elchemor View Post
                true, but ur always allowed to visit the compound and cover up ur car !
                Whoa! Thanks elchemor. :yippy:

(this is such a horrible 1st imperssion, join the forum for a few days, and impound the car)
                :D
                sigpic

Comment

I'm assuming you should be taking ur car to the barsha police station. Try speaking to captain mansour tell him that u really need the car and have responsibilties and u r aware of all your mistakes. And give him a very sad face. He will let u pay a fine and exempt u from having her impounded. I think the extra fine would be 150 AED per impound day.

Yes they will allow u to drive her in the impound lot but won't let u cover her. In AD its a different story though

Comment

damn, ok thanks bruno.
                    Ill do that, lets see how it goes.
                    sigpic

Comment

You guys are really helpful. I appreciate it. :)
                      sigpic

Comment

Dude if u dont mind letting me know whether talking to the guy worked or not cause i also have an impound issue that i objected at. so if that doesnt work ill try just talking to him. thanks
                        sigpic

Comment

The only fine that they won't help u with is the wreckless driving. I'm sure that most of the others are easier, but don't expect the guy to help u if it's ur 5th time jumping a red light. There are some limits for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Lothario View Post
                            ...yes, im handing it in at the end of the week.
                            Can't u wait till it gets a bit cooler atleast ? maybe November.

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                              but don't expect the guy to help u if it's ur 5th time jumping a red light. There are some limits for everything.
                              Offcourse, this is my 1st fine (car)

Originally posted by c99193 View Post
                              Dude if u dont mind letting me know whether talking to the guy worked or not cause i also have an impound issue that i objected at. so if that doesnt work ill try just talking to him. thanks
                              Ill try it, dont worry ill keep you guys updated. Start the first "How to Impound Your Car Safely" thread! lol.

Originally posted by Stratus650 View Post
                              Can't u wait till it gets a bit cooler atleast ? maybe November.
                              I dont think thats possible, doesnt the fine/duration of impound, increase each month? Just want to get it over and done with. I get panic attacks whenever i see a blinking green light....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X