How stupid am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How stupid am I?

Right, getting a new flat. Agreed on the price with the landlord via an agent on Monday morning. Met agent, gave him 5% Deposit, 5% commission check payable to the Landlord, and the entire rent in one cheque.

He said I'd have contract and keys today. I have neither. Moving company came and packed my entire life up, ready to move in the morning to a flat I don't even have a key to, let alone an actual signed lease agreement. So now I have a laptop and a sleeping pad, and a crawling feeling in my gut. Agent isn't returning my calls...

How bad did I screw up by giving all the checks straight away? I didn't think anything of it, to be honest. I've been dealing with this agent over a week, looked at dozens of places, seemed like a good guy. And now he's blowing me off when I have movers coming in 12 hours.

What's the chances this guy is on a plane with my cash, back to Iran?

Crap crap crap crap crap.
    -Dirk
    2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
    sigpic

That's really sad to hear about.... :(

Police ? :roadblock: :police: :roadblock:
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by Dirksqjaw View Post
      Right, getting a new flat. Agreed on the price with the landlord via an agent on Monday morning. Met agent, gave him 5% Deposit, 5% commission check payable to the Landlord, and the entire rent in one cheque.

He said I'd have contract and keys today. I have neither. Moving company came and packed my entire life up, ready to move in the morning to a flat I don't even have a key to, let alone an actual signed lease agreement. So now I have a laptop and a sleeping pad, and a crawling feeling in my gut. Agent isn't returning my calls...

How bad did I screw up by giving all the checks straight away? I didn't think anything of it, to be honest. I've been dealing with this agent over a week, looked at dozens of places, seemed like a good guy. And now he's blowing me off when I have movers coming in 12 hours.

What's the chances this guy is on a plane with my cash, back to Iran?

Crap crap crap crap crap.
      Give me his full name,phone number and the agents company name.
      See what I can do mate!
      Give me a call Dirk my wife can help,she is in the rental buisness.
      Shak
      Last edited by Shak; 11-08-2009, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
        Give me his full name,phone number and the agents company name.
        See what I can do mate!
        Give me a call Dirk my wife can help,she is in the rental buisness.

Shak
        Mate, thank you very much. I got ahold of the Agents manager and gave him an earful, I just picked up the keys and contract 30 minutes ago. Pretty funny, met him on a side road off of emirates near motor city. Had the trappings of some illicit arms deals, and not a rental property handover, hah!

I don't think this particular agent will have a job anymore.

Seriously though, I really appreciate the offer. I was freaking out lol. I will be looking you up after Ramadan to get that window seal on my windshield replaced :).
        -Dirk
        2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
        sigpic

Comment

That was a close one !
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

that really was a close one!
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

glad it got sorted out

Comment

wow!

you're lucky mate - you'd be living off them streets otherwise - not to mention we would've been there to share the pavement with ya if not offer you shelter :P

God bless man!

You were really lucky this time round!
                2008 325i coupe
                Stock

Comment

I'm glad it workded out! i was scrolling down hoping that the end of this thread wont be bad! like the guy in fact took a plan back to Iran! lolll
                  sigpic
                  Audi R8 - White / Blk
                  Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

so it's finally sorted out :)

where did you move to, just out of curiosity?

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Working...
                    X