Thinking about a Fiat 500 Abarth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about a Fiat 500 Abarth

It's no secret, I'm a sucker for hatchbacks!! The tinier they are, the crazier I get! And this is completely fulfilled by the new Fiat 500 Abarth....

What Fiat has done is something smart; drive it for 20,000km or 1 year and then you get to upgrade it to the Esseesse "SS". In this attire, the power is upped from 135bhp/180N.m to 160bhp/206N.m, alongside the usual suspension, wheels, body upgrades. Honestly, I can't think of a better car for DD provided it's priced reasonably.

What's your take on this??

sounds good although i dont have a good background about the car :)

Comment

Wikipedia is your friend, too much info to list here....But it's an all time classic and now they've revived it.

Comment

wait... drive it for 20,000km and then they upgrade you to the SS version??

now that's cool! :bow: price?

Comment

It's not for free from what I gathered. But you can't claim it until you've done of the two conditions.

Comment

schumacher drives one of those :)
            any idea about price and availability here in UAE?
            I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

I think the car will priced the same as a mini, which is a better car
              ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

I appreciate your idea of having a DD car.. will be a good move ;)

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                  I think the car will priced the same as a mini, which is a better car
                  The Mini is VERY overpriced IMO!!

I hope this one will not...

Comment

I saw the car personally and yes it does look nice ! but is it really reliable here ? I'm not quite sure about that...

how about this (The Coupe)...

Performance figures
                    Power 125 bhp / 93 KW @ 6800 rpm
                    Torque 148 Nm / 109 ft lbs @ 4800 rpm
                    BHP/Liter 79 bhp / liter
                    Power to weight 0.11 bhp / kg
                    Top Speed 200 km/h / 124 mph
                    0-60 mph 8.7 s

It also can be equipped with a bolt on turbo kit to reach +200 hp.
                    Easy to maintain, reliable, well priced....

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

^^

[youtube]lU89JpVmtwk[/youtube]
                      sigpic
                      07' HFP Accord | Current
                      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

i think this the best car in its class

i dont know if the car works in this part of th world

but even fiat built quality has gone up in the last few years
                        1983 BMW 635CSI (owned 1991-1993)

Comment

It's great run around with some oomph to back it up, but will it suffer the same fate of the unattainable stick shift BMW's or the Ford Focus RS/ST models ?
                          In short, will they actually have it on sale here with the proper warranty regulations that allow you to do anything other than oil changes ?
                          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Being a Jordanian, the Suzuki Swift will always have a place in my garage! Especially if it's got Turbo written on the trunk! But I haven't seen the new model in Turbo version...That would be my perfect DD grocery getter / autocross track weapon!

But back to the Abarth....So no word whether it'll debut here at all! You'd look at all the Toyota Yaris's here and believe there's a market for such cars. I guess it's tiwce as expensive.

Comment

This car is meant to compete with the Mini as a "lifestyle" car, albeit a cheaper version, but knowing the mentality of dealers here, the more expensive it is the more people will buy it
                              ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Working...
                              X