Ferrari replaces F430 with the F458 Italia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferrari replaces F430 with the F458 Italia

Ferrari has officially taken the wraps off their highly anticipated F430 replacement, the 458 Italia.

Described as a "massive leap forward" and a "genuine departure from the current range", Ferrari considers the new supercar to be "a synthesis of style, creative flair, passion and cutting-edge technology."

Boasting a futuristic Pininfarina design, the 458 Italia has a compact aerodynamic shape which helps to reduce drag and improve downforce (which is 140 kg at 200km/h). The front end features a bold grille which houses small aero-elastic winglets "which generate downforce and, as speed rises, deform to reduce the section of the radiator inlets and cut drag." Elsewhere, the car features small openings between the hood and headlights for added engine cooling. Out back, the 458 has aggressive rear end which houses a massive diffuser, California-style taillights, and three center-mounted exhaust tips.

Power comes from a new direct injected 4499 cc V8 engine that produces 570 CV (at 9000 rpm) and 540 Nm of torque (at 6000 rpm, with over 80% available from 3250 rpm). This is backed up by a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission which has been specially engineered to match the power and torque curves of the new V8. Ferrari estimates the 458 Italia will rocket from 0-100 km/h in under 3.4 seconds, before hitting a top speed in excess of 325 km/h (202 mph).

Riding on a lightweight aluminum chassis (the car has a dry weight of 1380 kg/3042 lbs), the 458 Italia boasts a 42/58 weight distribution which promises to deliver outstanding driving dynamics. This is further backed up by a twin wishbone front suspension and a multi-link rear set-up. Ferrari also equipped the car with an advanced direct steering system, updated versions of E-Diff and F1-Trac which offer a 32% increase in longitudinal acceleration, and a high performance braking system which cuts the car's 100-0 km/h braking distance to a short 32.5 meters (106.6 feet).

As with all Ferraris, the 458 Italia features numerous lessons learned from company's Formula 1 racing efforts. One of the key improvements is a reduction internal engine friction which helps to improve fuel economy and reduce emissions. Thanks to this racing derived knowledge, the car has fuel consumption rating of 13.7L/100 km while CO2 emissions are 320 g/km. Elsewhere, the company added a unique racing-inspired steering wheel and dashboard which slope down and away from the driver to minimize distractions.

Look for more information and details to be released closer to the 458's official unveiling at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

I don't know... I'm not feeling it with this new car... doesn't have that Ferrari looks/styling anymore. Also, what's with the 3 exhaust tips... weight saving idea (3 lighter than 4)... I think they should've gone Lambo style and have one massive one in the center
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

i agree it looks kinda weird but it'd wait to see it for real.. the exhaust thing is easy to solve :)

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I'm sure in real it will look magical!!! :)

The interior is beautiful!!! Makes you want to drive!!!
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

It has an Enzo-ish profile, which is a very good thing. The rear end could use a full-mesh design like in the Modena Stradale and F430 Scuderia. Side vents would add to its presence and cool the engine/brakes/oil better IMO.

DCT/DSG is the Akhili's heel in this one though, while it's fast shifting and super smooth, who buys a Ferrari for these reasons? Sorry, but it's a supercar and supercars should have the good ol' single clutch technology in my books.

Here hoping it'd have a proper 3-pedal incarnation as well...

Comment

I actually love it!!! I think its as smooth as all other Ferraris! I think this 3 tip exhaust idea is quite creative and might produce a unique sound too... I'll wait to see it on the road before I judge :)
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
              I actually love it!!! I think its as smooth as all other Ferraris! I think this 3 tip exhaust idea is quite creative and might produce a unique sound too... I'll wait to see it on the road before I judge :)
              Which, in my estimates, is going to be within 6 months...Tops!

Comment

fingers crossed!!! :)
                sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

nic car

Comment

The interior looks awesome ! But yes, finally Ferrari had to walk Audi's line with those led lights..

Comment

Me likes !!
                      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                      eMail:
                      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

:drool::drool::drool:

Absolutely LOVE the car!!!! AWESOME!!!!

it cud do without the three tips though :P
                        Current
                        E92 M3 - Mineral White
                        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                        E36 318is
                        E39 540i ///M sport
                        VW CC
                        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

A teaser ! :dangerous:

[youtube]sul930i90zE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
                          sigpic
                          07' HFP Accord | Current
                          HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

nice...
                            sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                            2006 Z4M - SOLD
                            1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                            2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                            2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                            2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                            2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                            1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                            2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Approved.

I want one with 3 pedals please.

Thanks
                              Meskovic
                              this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Working...
                              X