Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelling insurance ?

Hey guys,
    Hope you can help me, I don't know how things quite work here yet and not sure who to ask.

I was wondering, if I go to part-exchange a car with a dealership which already has insurance I have been told by the dealer it is not possible to transfer it to the new car and it must be cancelled and will be refunded. Now does the dealer handle this usually or do I need to do it myself ?

I checked the RTA website and they have a form for download for "Refund of Insurance premiums", do I need to download this, fill it out and take to the RTA ? Just because they list a few documents and I had no insurance documents given to me by the insurance on the original car just that little registration card.

If someone has done does and can guide me thru this, would be really appreciated.

when u buy a car u need to register it, for registering a car u need some documents and 1 of them is the insurance, if the car have a valid insurance which u dont want, the owner can refund it back from the insurance while u get a new insurance for the car to register it. Hope answered ur question :)

Comment

No I mean, if I am giving dealer another car for part exchange I will have to cancel the insurance on it right ? How do I do this ?

Reason is we have a Honda which was bought 2 months ago from Al Futtaim which no one use and I thought since I am getting the E64, this would be used for exchange but only thing is just paid 5k 2 months ago to insure it and I would like to get this back - the insurance was arrange by Futtaim Automall so we dont have any insurance documents seperately

Comment

u can do a transfer for the new car and pay the difference if u want to stay with the same insurance company, otherwise u have to sell the car first and then claim the rest of the money from the insurance

Comment

Ok understood, lot simpler then I thought - thanks :)

Comment

Working...
          X