Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few Questions

Hello there people...

I don't know if most of you remember me but I used to have a blue 335i coupe which I sold to a friend in December. Bought a Corvette Z06 but ended up selling it last week coz I was badly missing the 335... now I'm thinking of buying another 335 (trying to convince my friend to sell it back to me), wish me luck on that.

Anyways i was wondering if some of you could me out here, i need some advice on which place to go if i want to go the modification route.

I'm thinking of getting a vishnu tune and exhaust and intake... any advice/input would be much appreciated. If you guys have or know anyone who has gotten an ecu tune, exhaust and intake, I'd appreciate on the feedback and how does it affect the everyday driveability and reliability.

Cheers.

-2009 Nissan GTR (Switzer P600)
    -2011 VW Golf-R

look in our classified's section there is a ecu tune for your car i think it was the vishnu V3... also you can go to abu dhabi motors they are offering some tuning packages.

lol so you sold your brother's Z06 to go back to your 335?

Comment

hehe... good luck with the project. Also speak to Alsuwaidi.... he wants to modify his 335 too!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Hey Bruno; how do you know I bought it from my brother, you know him?...

Vishnu V3 is exactly what I'm looking for, just want to know who is offering it here in Dubai.

Btw do any of you guys know how the service at Tony Edwards or House of Cars X Service Center is?... Heard they also do ecu tuning here in Dubai.

-2011 VW Golf-R

Comment

Originally posted by Afnan View Post
          Hey Bruno; how do you know I bought it from my brother, you know him?...
          bruno is :cid:

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

TAM auto! They use HKS parts and Revo tune plus many others
            Meskovic
            this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

^ +1
              sigpic
              07' HFP Accord | Current
              HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Plenty of sources for the N54 engine. Afnan, we know you from back in the evolve days! And there's no VISHNU dealer here yet.

X Service Center and Shakeel in there are one of the Club's biggest supporters.

From my readings I found Dinan to be the most "thorough" chip tune for your engine as they don't simply fool the ECU with signals. They do it properly, but be prepared to pay a premium for anything Dinan. They build GT4 BMW engines after all.

But if you're serious about tuning, my advice is to start off with a manual 335i. No fun in straight lines as I see you've just sold a Z06! OR, and please fulfill my dream here, get a 135i with the upgraded brake kit for AED165,000 brand new with a stick!! PLEASE?????

Comment

+1 for a manual, but that would have to be imported!

BMW history:

Comment

AGMC are willing to take any kind of orders now ;) That is if you can't a few months extra and save $10,000 on a US import!

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                      No fun in straight lines as I see you've just sold a Z06!
                      sorry for the

luckily you're on a BMW forum & can get away with such statement! the Z06 is no straight line machine!!

BMW history:

Comment

I'm FULLY aware of the Z06 capabilities...But comparing both cars, the Z06 IS as a straight line machine relatively speaking.

Comment

I think falasi can prove u wrong! It's not a straight line machine!
                          Meskovic
                          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Referring to UAQ drag night?!

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you guys but I've bought back my old 335i and unfortunately its not a manual, but I'm happy... Ahhh can't tell you guys how good it feels to be back in a Bimmer once again :yippy:

As for the Z06, it's definitely not just a straight line monster, specially after what I had done to it, got KW V3 coilovers, PFADT sway bars and got it tuned by Robispec. It definitely handled amazingly after all that BUT I have to admit, it was far from the precision handling of these German cars.

Anyways, for now I'm traveling for about a month, but when I get back I'm thinking of getting the following mods, let me know if I should or shouldn't do any of them:

-KW or H&R coilovers
                              -Exhaust (please recommend me some)
                              -Intake (also need advice)
                              -Tune
                              -Wheels (thinking of getting the E46 CSL style, if someone here knows who makes them and where to get them from please do let me know)

For now this is the plan, do chip in with your advice please, it always helps.

-2011 VW Golf-R

Comment

Working...
                              X