did you also see this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you also see this??

so tonight i was on my way back home on Al-Khail Rd (E44) after the Used Cars Complex interchange and before the Emirates Rd interchange, almost 1km before International City, and out of nowhere, i see something in the sky, looks like a ball of light and flying really fast at a "not so high" altitude.........

it was visible for at least 3-4 sec and moving from north to south & dropping in altitude as it passed by......... it also split in two before it faded away & disappeared! couldn't really tell how far the thing was :dunno:

i ruled out the possibility of this being a shooting star or a comet from space etc.. first coz of the low altitude, second coz of no impact, and third coz it didn't have the trail of a comet behind if u know what i mean..... *EDIT* well that's due to my lack of experience in this stuff, it ended up being a Meteor! :D

i started looking for any military plane or something, rolled the windows down to hear something etc but no luck :dunno:

it could've been a "flare" but it was going too fast to be one :dunno: and it wasn't a missile for obvious reasons, and i'm 99% sure it's not just fireworks coz of the path it was taking!

must be something dropped by a plane! what could it be?? :help:

a friend of mine was driving a couple hundred meters ahead of me & he also saw the same thing & described it to me the same way!!

did you also see this??

p.s. this is really no joke!

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

So funny!! I was coming here to post the exact same thing! I was on the beach having a BBQ with some friends on the Palm and saw it above Burj Al Arab and move south very fast! It was crazy bright too, and like you said, didn't seem to have a "trail" that normally comes with a falling star.

I immediately thought it was another space shuttle or something, I saw the last one that crashed when I was back in the US and it was very similar. There is nothing in any of the news sites so...

Really freaky stuff!

The really remarkable thing is seeing it actually break up. I've grown up watching meteor showers in the american west and never saw anything like this during the showers!
    -Dirk
    2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
    sigpic

Comment

OMG is it a UFO? aliens??
      Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

wow so someone over here saw it as well :D

so Dirk, from your experience, this is something from space??

BMW history:

Comment

Interresting .... I like things like this, more details if anyone has any .
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Lets just wait and watch :D

Dont get surprised if there are lot of people dying here & there :P

Cheers!
            2008 325i coupe
            Stock

Comment

Wow thats somethin interestin!:D checked all the local news sites nothing there.. waitin for updates!
              sigpic
              BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

We're Getting Attacked by Aliens Guys :D
                sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                E23 735i - Sold

Comment

interesting

Comment

Some retard might have been playing with his laser pen :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                      Some retard might have been playing with his laser pen :dunno:
                      i hope you're joking bro! read my post & dirk's post!

this thing was amazing!

BMW history:

Comment

it was something like this but at a less vertical angle, and couldn't really see a trail behind it...

BMW history:

Comment

If Haissam you and Dirk have seen it, then im pretty sure it should be up in the newspapers by tomorrow, others also might have seen it..

Comment

ok, for those who are still in doubt, we just spotted a Meteor!!

:trophy:

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=35162

believe me you won't appreciate such thing until you see it in person! :bow:

BMW history:

Comment

Damn it ! You should have taken a video too Haissam :D Its not something we see everyday..

Comment

Working...
                              X