$#%$#!#$ Radars!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$#%$#!#$ Radars!!!

I got flashed TWICE last night in a period of half an hour! One was a mobile radar coming from mirdif going towards business bay, just before Emirates road, and the next one on SZR near Ibn Batutta! Man that's over 1200 dirhams! The ironic thing is that I KNEW there was one on the Mirdif road coz they always have it, and I was actually looking for it, but i was looking in the middle of the road. The camera was actually on the right side of the road! I was doing 120 km/hr or something like that. I think it's so unfair that they have the same speed limits during the day and night! You can't have a juicy 5 or 6 lane road with like 3 cars on it and just do 100 or 120!!!! It's not ethical! Al-Khail road is 100 and it's got like a zillion lanes! I got flashed going on the road from Al-khail road to Arabian ranches/Autodrome, doing 140. I was surprised and then found the speed limit was 90! You could land a 747 on that road! And there were only 2 other cars on the road at the time! That fine was 900 dirhams! I swear the amount of money I spend on fines is RIDICULOUS!! I tried radar detectors and they're useless. Btw what's the fine for getting caught with a detector? I heard it was quite serious, so I immediately removed it, especially when I realised it wasn't working properly.
    :cry:

Dude, it's an epidemic...But, honestly some so called drivers in Dubai need it. Just keep your right foot on a leash. Unleash it in the AutoDrome or HPDS !
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

guys again i am warning u all ..........international city and academic road .....this area is 80 km/h speed limit and cameras r put in various positions as if it is kamasutra :D
      once behind a car on the side another time in the middle behind the guard rail some permanent ones behind the trees and sometimes inside the car itself
      i warning u coz i think u use this area frequently (3ayoooosh ;)) ...i go there everyday as well
      I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

ahmedg... if you knew there was a radar there you should've atleast sloweddown baba!

Comment

That really sucks dude... DAMN, twice in one go! Radars FTL!!!
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Bummer :( I highly recommend Valentine One. You can hard wire it to your car and put in an external monitor and it looks completely "stealthy". Picks up pretty much every single radar out there (functional, you'd be suprised by the number of dummies out there).

Legal Disclaimer: No first hand experience, saw it on MTV (just dont ask me how I know).

Comment

yes ahmed i know it's become unbearable, but u really have to be more careful these days.

by the way the roads ur talking about can't have higher speed limits... it's not only the number of lanes & how empty the road is..

for example the road from al khail towards autodrome has a couple of traffic signals & they can't have a limit of 120 on a road with signals! how can u brake if the signal turns yellow & you're doing 140?? and do u know how many workers/labour cross this road everyday? same goes for the other mirdif road..

i'm not blaming u or something, but believe me the risk & fines u get urself into are just unbearable & not worth that 5min u will save......

i used to always speed but now i just drive on cruise control most of the time.. i don't have a fast car now which also helps :)

BMW history:
              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

a block, 7K reduced to 5K IN 4 MONTHS, 5 fines pending,, sick of that, so i'm enjoying playing with the cruise now :)

Comment

^wait! you had 7k in your newly aquired beemer? how did you get it?

Comment

yes, the new one, coming back and forth to dxb..

Comment

^Shayza!
                      What are you tryin to break a record !?
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

but it's easy to point them out and to get the concept

In AD you should stay below 159km/hr till dubai borders.
                        Then below 139km/hr till ibn battuta
                        Then below 119km/hr till munitz furtinuters.
                        Then below 109km/hr all the way down till trade center and/or garhoud bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmedg View Post
                          You can't have a juicy 5 or 6 lane road with like 3 cars on it and just do 100 or 120!!!! It's not ethical!
                          :cry:
                          thats why..

Comment

The thing is that everytime I get caught, I'm not even intentionally speeding! Out of all the tickets I got, I'd say maybe 3 of them I deserved. The rest I wouldn't notice my speed, because you know in these cars you really don't feel the speed. 100 feels like your crawling. I got flashed once while I was on cruise control as well, don't ask me how! The thing is that alot of the times I got flashed was when they changed the speed limits, so I had no idea until I got caught. Even the one on the alkhail road to emirates road, was after all the traffic lights, and I also didn't notice my speed coz was busy chatting with my friend. I didn't realise I was speeding because there was practically nobody else on the road. I bummed out over the mirdif one, I don't know why I was doing 120 when I knew of the radar! lol that one serves me right!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                              Then below 119km/hr till munitz furtinuters.
                              Natuzzi furniture
                              ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Working...
                              X