LAMBO INSECTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAMBO INSECTA

Romanian industrial designer Iulian Bumbu has just released these Lamborghini Insecta concept pictures, inspired by insect exoskeletons. It is his take on what future Lamborghini styling might look like.

Iulian explains “The idea was to create an extreme race-oriented supercar with a style that introduces softer and more organic lines and integrate them into the geometrical style of Lamborghini.”

carzi.com
    Playing a quick game of automotive-animal word association, you'd probably link Lamborghini to a bull. Between the emblem on the hood, supercars named after famous fighting bulls and the farming roots of the company, the association is well established. Iulian Bumbu thinks otherwise. The aspiring Romanian car designer, who interned at Alfa Romeo's styling department after earning his master's in car design in Milan, created the design study you see here.

Called the Insecta, the radical concept's design elements were borrowed from bugs instead of bovines.
    Combining organic shapes with Lamborghini's trademark geometric angles, the Insecta concept integrates themes culled from the body armour observed on certain species of insects. With its dimensions and powertrain borrowed from the Gallardo, the Insecta would pack a sting as sharp as its buzz, and it could make a compelling successor to the current LP560-4 – but Lambo would have to drop a load of bull first.

autoblog.com

As Iulian Bumbu explains (the designer) "The idea was to create an extreme race-oriented supercar with a style that introduces softer and more organic lines and integrate them into the geometrical style of Lamborghini."

The main inspiration came from nature, and in particular from the exoskeletons found in insects (bugs). This kind of "armour" appearance is particularly visible in the back and top views.

"I tried to apply this tipe of organic movements and translate them into Lamborghini's style so that when you see the car, you can immediately recognize it as a Lambo."

carbodydesign.com

OK WWWWOOOOWWWW!!!!!!

I dont care if anyone hates it !

THAT IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!
    2008 325i coupe
    Stock

Comment

Lambo Insecta = Lambo Insect ??

Looks good but i dont think it will ever make it to production :nono:

Comment

I actually think this look GORGEOUS!!! I love it... it's got such clean and tidy contours!!!

WOOOOOOOW
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

the only thing i DONT like about it ??

Its the co-relation to an insect . . .

He shouldve made up some bullshit - but cummon . .. you cant say things like that . . i mean no dount the design is orgasmic . . .but who would wanna buy a lamborghini derived from the exoskeleton of an insect ?

" hey dude - i just picked up the new insecta V12 "
          :slap:
          2008 325i coupe
          Stock

Comment

Though yes - contradicting my own self - I would! :P
            2008 325i coupe
            Stock

Comment

^hahahahahaha, man u look sick talkin to urself :lol:

Comment

Unfortunately yes, he is a sick person :P

Comment

Hitten...relax dude !!

I think it's great, except the nose. It just kills it for me !! Those weird WEIRD head lights !
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Hiten
                    2008 325i coupe
                    Stock

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
                      Hiten
                      oWoops . . . :D
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

:drool:

the concept is called insecta, but that doesn't mean the production version would carry the same name!

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I don't care what the car's name is... lookin like that, would u really care?!
                          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Me likeeeeeeeee!!! I'm sure in real life such a design will be astonishing! That picture from the back looks sick! if i was behind this car on a traffic light, i would probably start start daydreaming, get all spacedout!!!! woooow waaaaww wooooow!!! :)
                            sigpic
                            Audi R8 - White / Blk
                            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Wow, eally love this car, they should produce it in any names, who cares anyway...
                              sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                              2006 Z4M - SOLD
                              1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                              2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                              2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                              2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                              2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                              1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                              2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Working...
                              X