Stratus650 is taking his ride abroad !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stratus650 is taking his ride abroad !

Yes, after thinking about it for a looong time, I decided to ship the car to ******* ! well, let's keep this part until the car arrives, but hopefully you will like the destination that I chose inshalla.

Reasons ?

- was able to fight for a longer holiday, believe me, its difficult to do so when you work for Etisalat. so, its worth shipping the car abroad to drive it for nearly 6 weeks.

- Extremely cheap shipping rates after the global chrisis.

- had the worst issues with car rentals abroad. nearly complete card blockage specially for long periods, no refund, offer a bimmer, and when you get there, you get an Opel or Skoda.

- its different when its Your car abroad ;)

- other reasons to follow later !

So, got the car to Jebel Ali on Saturday (Sorry guys, thats why I couldnt join you for SuperCarz), got all paper work done, car inside a 20' container, waiting for departure on 16th April.

I'll be updating this thread with everything related to the trip (pics, vids, events, etc), so make sure you don't miss it !

some pics before finalizing the container at Jebel Ali...

and finally, had to cover it for the long trip. that's necessary since the windows are slightly open to avoid increased heat in the passenger compartment...

Wish me the best. Will keep you guys posted ! :D

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

One question !! .... there is no room for the door to be opened !! how did u manage to get out of the car !? .. and if the total trip is for 5 days ... that means its somewhere close !!!
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Chris Angel managed to park his car ! :rofl:

Good luck mate ! ;)
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
        One question !! .... there is no room for the door to be opened !! how did u manage to get out of the car !? .. and if the total trip is for 5 days ... that means its somewhere close !!!
        opening the door was a story by itself lol, i had to squeeze myself out with the window open to get a couple of cm's more lol

Departure is 16th may, when it Leaves Jebel Ali, its still in queue now :) trip is taking much more than 5 days bro

Comment

Originally posted by Stratus650 View Post
          opening the door was a story by itself lol, i had to squeeze myself out with the window open to get a couple of cm's more lol

Departure is 16th may, when it Leaves Jebel Ali, its still in queue now :) trip is taking much more than 5 days bro
          oh my bad, i thought arrival was on 16th .. i'll think of something else now lol
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Good luck with the shipping.. I hope all goes well :) BTW. are the shipping rates soooo down?? Cause actually i was thinking to take my car sometime to germany for vacation... :)
            sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
            Dubai Investment Park 2
            The Curve Building Complex
            Warehouse No.1
            P.O Box 28638
            Dubai, United Arab Emirates
            Office: +97148830851
            Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
            Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
            Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
            Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Well he is going on a vacation and he is taking the car with him...... Perhaps to Germany :) and might be doing some work too there :)

How close am I??!!
              sigpic
              iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
              Falcons Garage
              Carbotech

Comment

where are you taking her :D

Comment

Good luck with the shipping... Hope you have fun with the car wherever you take it
                  ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
                    Well he is going on a vacation and he is taking the car with him...... Perhaps to Germany :) and might be doing some work too there :)

How close am I??!!
                    +1
                    i think u r close enough
                    opel + skoda(looks like rental in germany) + possible fun on the autobahn + possible laps on the nurburgring :evil: + possible high level tuning in the homeland of BMW
                    stratus650 we haven't met yet ..right?
                    where r u from? (this might confirm)
                    I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

:omg2:

Comment

Originally posted by simon*X View Post
                        Good luck with the shipping.. I hope all goes well :) BTW. are the shipping rates soooo down?? Cause actually i was thinking to take my car sometime to germany for vacation... :)
                        well yeah, average shipping rates to selective destinations was around 6-7K earlier, and now are around 4K, thiis is one way, so both ways you are actually saving nearly 4K

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post

How close am I??!!
                        Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
                        +1
                        i think u r close enough
                        opel + skoda(looks like rental in germany) + possible fun on the autobahn + possible laps on the nurburgring :evil: + possible high level tuning in the homeland of BMW
                        stratus650 we haven't met yet ..right?
                        where r u from? (this might confirm)
                        When it arrives guy ! when it arrives :P

I don't think we met in the autodrome during Feb, right ? were you there ?
                        Im from Dubai :)

Comment

Okay now with the clear pictures, i see the guy working next to ur car!!! hahaha!!! not a lady like i said in the other thread :) :) :)
                          sigpic
                          Audi R8 - White / Blk
                          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

good luck wherever u go..

BMW history:
                            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Nurburgring
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                              Schrick cams
                              Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                              Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                              KW Coilovers V3
                              WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X