Rule banning 20-year-old vehicles postponed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rule banning 20-year-old vehicles postponed

Dubai: Vehicles more than 20 years old will still be allowed on the UAE's roads following instruction from President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

The decision, issued on Sunday, postpones implementation of ministerial decision No. 535, 2008, which bans vehicles older than 20 years old on the country's roads. The decision was directed to take effect from Monday, December 1.

In a statement issued by the Ministry of Interior, Lieutenant General Shaikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Interior said on Sunday that the decision was suspended, which set a cut-off date for the renewal of car registrations, for cars manufactured from 1988. This previous decision was due to take effect from December 1.

More studies

Shaikh Saif said that the decision was postponed in order to give enough time for people of low income who own such vehicles, to continue using them.

"Shaikh Khalifa's decision is timely and aims to allow concerned authorities to conduct more studies and come up with suitable bylaws to put the ministerial decision into effect," Shaikh Saif said.

He thanked Shaikh Khalifa for his wise leadership and for serving the best interests of the UAE public.

Earlier, the ministry announced a decision that the registration of cars manufactured before 1988 would not be renewed, while the import of cars manufactured five years earlier would be banned. The registration for cars manufactured 15 years ago would also not be renewed from January 2010.

In November, Gulf News reported that a total of 423,000 cars throughout the UAE would not be available for sale, under the ten-year old car rule. However, while sale of the cars would be prohibited, registration could have been renewed for the current owners to continue using.

The total number of cars in the UAE was 1.85 million in November, putting the Emirates among nations with the highest car ownership per population in the world. In Dubai, there are 541 cars per 1,000 of the population, which is the highest throughout the UAE.

Source: Gulfnews
    http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traff.../10263818.html

YEEEHAA !! :D

I got my dream back then !
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Bless his Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
      sigpic
      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
      Falcons Garage
      Carbotech

Comment

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
        Bless his Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
        :bow: :bow: :bow:

Comment

bless his highness, these poor people got another chance. i hope the solution will be good one

Comment

Wise move, not enough time for people to sort their finances. If they could afford newer cars the would've long ago.

Comment

so is the whole thing postponed or just the 20 year old car?

i'm particularly asking about the over 5-year old imports??

BMW history:
              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

e30 M3 :drool:

Comment

the gulfnews says that the 5-year old import is still banned, its only the 20-year old vehicle ban law is postponed

Comment

I wish this news came a week or two later, i think this will effect a project I was working on.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                    Schrick cams
                    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                    KW Coilovers V3
                    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

the sad news is that they will increase the price of registration

Comment

Working...
                      X