Toyota Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Pics

Did any1 of you guys hear...apparently toyota is claiming rights to all pics of their cars whether they took them or not. as in, if u took a phonecamera shot of a toyota, it belongs to them. can u believe the nerve! if that starts happening everywhere, there are gonna be problems e.g. i will have to start paying royalties to use my signature etc....

Think before you act.

are you serious ??

Must be a freaking rumour . . dont think thats possible.

The law isnt that shallow :P
    2008 325i coupe
    Stock

Comment

Is there anything official about this ? I dont think so.. :dunno:

Comment

i heard from a very credible reliable source- Fast Lane Daily...

Think before you act.

Comment

i tried looking it up online - but all i found was various threads mentioning the same - nothing concrete yet.

Could this be a loop hole? cuz really something like this is not possible
          2008 325i coupe
          Stock

Comment

aha!

It started off when Toyota asked 'Desktop Nexus' to take of pictures of any toyota vehicles from they're website -

when written to toyota about the issue. .

This was their reply

Thank you for contacting Toyota with your comments and concerns regarding the use of vehicle images. The letter asking the DesktopNexus site to remove all images featuring a Toyota, Scion or Lexus vehicle was the result of mis-communication at Toyota, which we regret.

Copyright law protects the creative work product of artists, photographers, and other creators. Toyota respects these rights, including those of photographers who work with Toyota. Toyota purchases the rights to the images it posts on its sites, and welcomes public use of those images where we have the rights to give. However, this permission is limited to editorial or personal use, not commercial use, such as advertising any products or services. That's because the photographers - not Toyota - retain the rights to any commercial use, and we cannot give permission to use those images for that purpose. In response the concerns raised by DesktopNexus, Toyota is working with photographers to determine what images may be used for non-commercial purposes, and what we can do to provide broader access.

We hope you will understand and appreciate the legal constraints we face.

Toyota also welcomes interested members of the public to use their own images or photography of Toyota's vehicles, and we confirm that we have no objection to this use.

We appreciate your interest in our products.

Toyota Customer Experience
            2008 325i coupe
            Stock

Comment

I was gonna say that they have no legal right in countries other than Japan, do you think the UAE authorities will sit down and allow some vehicle manufacturer to tell them what they can and cannot do!!!!......don't think so, some other countries may have just told them where to go and banned all advertising of their products if they tried to be that selfish...........I knew this had to be a mistake
              2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

UAE would shove a cork up they're arse and say - out you go Mr.toyota!
                2008 325i coupe
                Stock

Comment

case closed. thanks guys

Think before you act.

Comment

isn't it illegal to sell DVD copies, download music, software etc............ i don't give a crap!

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

i met a guy from Virgin Records at a pub in Joburg and he said that as long as u dont profit from it (selling it like those guys who ring your doorbell) they wont have a problem...

Think before you act.

Comment

One thing to say about this . . . . Why in the hell would you take a photo of a Toyota anyways !!?!?

As if we don't have enough of them on the streets or literally EVERYWHERE!!
                        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

interesting thought for the day... at least for me :)

what about pictures from road cameras? do the governments have to pay up as well? hehe... yes yes I'm bored :starwars:
                          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

At work ?
                            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

unfortunately...
                              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X