Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:omg2:............ that is scary

Comment

Ms. Iranian Birdie Chickie is correct - no matter what car you're driving you're absolutely mincemeat in a very high speed collision.

Car from all manufacturers are only crash tested by NCAP, NHSTA etc. up to 100-120km/h - the legal speed limit in most places. Even at that speed you're talking about a good amount of kinetic energy.

At high speeds you're on your own - game over. Mussafah junkyard in AUH is filled with wrecked mercs, BMWs, Land Cruisers, Patrols, Lexuses etc. similarly ripped into tiny little pieces.

There's no way anybody in that Accord survived that crash - about the only consolation would be that it was nearly instantaneous.

Something to consider when you're feeling invincible at 200 plus km/h.

Better to save the heroics for the racetrack - life is too precious.

Comment

I agree...

But it's a looooooooong way till the public realizes there's a race track here. I still can't believe the "awe" on people's faces when they know there is a race track in this country with organized events. It's like a daily affair with me...

Dubai Autodrome needs a MUCH better marketing team.....

Comment

We could use more proper tracks too ;)

Comment

Originally posted by theshadow View Post
            Could you explain, what are the more proper tracks :) ?

Comment

There's pnly one proper, safe track and that's the Dubai Autodrome. Hopefully Abu Dhabi will open soon too and offer HPDEs/trackdays.

Failing that, an hour in a go kart should get the agression out pretty good.

Everything else is for little kids or dumb old people with the brains of kids :)

Comment

When engineering meet physics, physics always wins.

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Originally posted by theshadow View Post
                  Too many politics involved favoring "track monopolies" in every Emirate...So it's too slim a hope we'll see a diversity of tracks in our life time!!

Comment

Working...
                  X