Hey folks! Black X5 E70 4.8 here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey folks! Black X5 E70 4.8 here!

Hi everybody. Happy to introduce my self and it would be grate to have a ride over UAE with such big lovers of BMW.
    I'm planning to tune my car not only visually, I want to see what can reach in performace tuning, but that kind of tuning which RTA will allows.
    And now I have question. I want tint my rare lights in to black. Somebody had problems with RTA regarding this modification?
    What about exhaust and body kits? I have friend from HAMMAN and he is saying that one of the customers had issue during car registration renewal. RTA asked about certificate which HAMMAN can provide, but what about other tuning garages, if I going to put custom exhaust in my friend's garage? (Not HAMMAN)

Last edited by Gary; 08-09-2016, 10:26 PM.

Welcome to the Club!
    As for performance tuning you can always add some horsepower by installing a chip and do a remap to the ECU, these tunes are fine and will not cause you any issues at the RTA.
    As for the Exhaust system it will pass the RTA as long as its not Loud and doesn't produce high levels of CO. ( Thats what i know )
    Im sure members from the club will be happy to give you some notes about that.

Welcome on board (Y)
    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
      Hi everybody. Happy to introduce my self and it would be grate to have a ride over UAE with such big lovers of BMW.
      I'm planning to tune my car not only visually, I want to see what can reach in performace tuning, but that kind of tuning which RTA will allows.
      And now I have question. I want tint my rare lights in to black. Somebody had problems with RTA regarding this modification?
      What about exhaust and body kits? I have friend from HAMMAN and he is saying that one of the customers had issue during car registration renewal. RTA asked about certificate which HAMMAN can provide, but what about other tuning garages, if I going to put custom exhaust in my friend's garage? (Not HAMMAN)

Hi Gary,

Welcome on board. A black X5 looks real stealth :)

Regarding your queries:
      1. Tinting your tail lights could have repercussions with RTA/Police because it impacts road safety. although i know a few people who still drive around with fully tinted lights, would suggest you take off the tint when you take the car for passing/registration.

2. Exhaust mods are ok as long as they are not obnoxiously loud (especially if the exhaust maker cannot provide any certificate). I have heard that Hamann does provide a certificate which can be presented to RTA. However, for others, as long as the loudness level is acceptable, then you should be ok to pass the car without any issues.
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Very nice !

That's a nice looking car :w00t:

Comment

Nice e70 there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome bro to our humble home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            sigpic
            Current
            E92 M3 2011
            # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
            # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
            # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
            E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
            # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
            # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
            # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Working...
            X