Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Beast

Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce my car to the club.
    Alpin white 2000 E39 M5 with the following mods;

-Chip Logic ECU tune
    -Schrick cams
    -Hamann Headers (high temperature coated inside and out)
    -Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    -K&W stage 3 suspension
    -Winner Power Brake System (363 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

The car has been sitting in my garage for almost 4 months with the internals out. I cracked my radiator on the track and decided to change all related water components including pump, thermostat and all hoses and sensors. Once I had it apart, I decided to change all 4 CPS, then decided to change valve cover gaskets. Thats when I found out that I had two stripped bolts on my heads. So i order a kit from ebay to drill, tap, and use an insert to fix the threads. It should arrive this week and I should have my beast back on the road in a couple of weeks.
    I will post pics as soon as it's ready.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

White :drool:
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

:welcome2: Aboard alquazi
      Good to see you joining this club finally, now ive got another fellow E39 mate on this board :D
      BTW after getting all those jobs done on your car, im sure you'll feel a whole lot of difference in driving. Hope to see you anytime soon in our next meets :) For now, enjoy your stay

Comment

Impressive list of mods, you seem to know what you're doing ;) Are you a member on any other BMW forums?

Few qustions:

- Where did you get your chip from? Is it tuned to your list of mods? Any dyno graphs?

- Cams profile? Exhaust and intake? Any Intake mods? (they'd help greatly with cams) How's your idle?

- Which track do you go to?? See you've done the right hting by upgrading the suspension and most importantly the brakes. What pads are you running?

I feel we met at one of the track evenings in the Autodrome. Your car had the mishap with the radiator/coolant that day...I don't know if you remember me, I told you about the Club :)

Comment

In the mean time, ive got some pics of your car alquazi, dont mind me posting. But you can post the new pics whenever you get them, id want to see the angel eyes upgrade that you've got.
          BTW, i love the seats of your car, half leather, half alcantara. Quite rare actually as most people go for the leather. They do feel really nice though and you don't slide around on them!

Comment

Yes that's the car and we met :)

Nice to have you here....

Comment

Welcome to the Club.....

Mind me asking is it pre 03/2000 or post????
              sigpic
              iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
              Falcons Garage
              Carbotech

Comment

is that interior from the factory???
                its awesome.

and i bet your car sounds mean!

welcome, love alpine on the e39.

Comment

Love Alpine White on all BMWs and Non BMWs :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    Impressive list of mods, you seem to know what you're doing ;) Are you a member on any other BMW forums?

Few qustions:

- Where did you get your chip from? Is it tuned to your list of mods? Any dyno graphs?

- Cams profile? Exhaust and intake? Any Intake mods? (they'd help greatly with cams) How's your idle?

- Which track do you go to?? See you've done the right hting by upgrading the suspension and most importantly the brakes. What pads are you running?

I feel we met at one of the track evenings in the Autodrome. Your car had the mishap with the radiator/coolant that day...I don't know if you remember me, I told you about the Club :)
                    First let me say that I'm noooo mechanic. I enjoy working on my cars and I learne as I go. Drilling the aluminum heads is going to be a first, I hope it all goes well.
                    We did meet at the Autodrom and that's when my rad. cracked. The was the only time I tracked my car. The car has been apart since then because I've been traveling a lot this summer and because I had to make 3 different orders for parts.
                    For the tune, it was made by Chip Logic the guy was in Dubai and he custom tuned it on the car.
                    The cams are 268 11.3 cams. I don't have any intake mods yet. The car ideals and runs very smooth.

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
                    Welcome to the Club.....

Mind me asking is it pre 03/2000 or post????
                    It's 05/2000 production

Originally posted by sleepy740 View Post
                    is that interior from the factory???
                    its awesome.

and i bet your car sounds mean!

welcome, love alpine on the e39.
                    Yes that is factory interior. And I never get enough of the sound.
                    Last edited by alquazi; 04-10-2008, 02:08 AM.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods
                    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                    Schrick cams
                    KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Whats with the Saudi no. plate ?! Or you've got the Dubai no. now ?

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                        Whats with the Saudi no. plate ?! Or you've got the Dubai no. now ?
                        It had AD plats on it, but last year they would not pass inspection because they said it was too loud and that the tinted windows were too reflecting. The guy was an idiot it passed before with the same setup. Anyway to make a long story short I got the Saudi plates so not to have to mess with this problem again. I have a lot of friends in Saudi and they took care of it.

Mods
                        Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                        Schrick cams
                        KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Dont tell me you drive all the way to Saudi to register your car every year :nono:
                          Why dont you get a Dubai # plate ? Its not as strict as in Abu Dhabi.

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                            Dont tell me you drive all the way to Saudi to register your car every year :nono:
                            Why dont you get a Dubai # plate ? Its not as strict as in Abu Dhabi.
                            It's every three years. Also with the Saudi tags I have other advantages such as no Salik, etc...

Mods
                            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                            Schrick cams
                            KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

LoLz, no Salik too ?! Then enjoy the advantages of the plate :D If you can put tint all around, even in the front, do that too :)

Comment

Working...
                              X