Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BMW owner

Hello everyone!

Gosh, even saying "new BMW owner" sends chills down one's spine... always loved BMWs with their iconic kidney grilles and their feeling of solidity.

Making the Decision:
    It was between the Golf R, the Audi S3 and the BMW 330i. Eventually decided to buy the 330i cause I fell in love with everything about it...plus, with my father driving a 9 year old 523, I guess the saying 'like father, like son' is somewhat true.

Ordering the Car:
    Ordered the car through AGMC who were doing a December deal whereby they would pay 10% of the downpayment (i.e. 10% discount over the value of the car) plus provide me with 5 years service (including brake pads) plus first year insurance and registration free. I think the 5 years service kind of sealed the deal as with the other cars, the service package was pretty bleak. When it came to ordering, the salesperson told us that there was just one last car - Alpine White and with red leather. I must admit I was initially put-off with the whole red leather thing but I was desperate to seal the deal, so went ahead.

Delivery of the Car:
    Took delivery on the 4th of Jan. At the time of delivery, was told that it came with halogen lights as opposed to Xenons... :Oo:Was quite disappointed as I was not expecting a luxury car manufacturer to use halogens at this day and age. Anyway, seeing the car for the first time was magical! I even changed my mind on the red leather which has actually started to grow on me now. The halogen lights don't quite bother me anymore. Might consider changing them into Xenons once the warranty runs out...but as of now, am happy.

Initial Thoughts:
    Wow! F30s for me were always seen by me as a 'good car' (i.e. nothing special)...but the 330i is a beast! A powerful engine, a sturdy steering and the acceleration...whoof! Everything is so well engineered, even the side mirrors angling down when you put the car in reverse. Really happy with the car!

Some Negatives:
    Bluetooth - I had connected my phone to the Bluetooth and it was working for the first day. Have been trying since but am always met with the "Please Wait" screen. Hope to resolve this issue soon. Spoke to the service centre and they advised to check with the product genius at SZR.

USB port - I don't know how or why, but any music that I play through the USB port has a little crackle and pop... so much for connecting ipods. Will show this to the product genius. (Yes, I am using the original Apple cables and all my music is above 320kbps)

Stock Audio - I don't know yet whether my car is fitted with the base or Hi-fi audio, but honestly, I was expecting better from BMW. The audio coming out of the radio/through the aux sounds very 'tin' like (i.e. high frequencies overpower while the mids and the lows are bearly emphasized). Tried playing with the treble and bass eq...but to no avail. I think part of it is down to the break-in period of the audio system and the other part is well...poor quality. Either way, checked this forum for solutions and I think I'll go in for the BSW Stage 1 upgrade once I am sure that the quality is not down to the break-in period.

Overall, it's an amazing car to drive with a few shortfalls, which I hope to sort out soon!

So yeah, that's my introduction! It's fascinating to meet so many fellow BMW enthusiasts with some of the most beautiful and amazing cars out there! Looking forward to getting to know you guys more in person!

Cheers,
    Shil

P.S. Managed to get some photos!

UPDATE:

Bluetooth has started working fine! Tried the aux cable and the audio is really good! USB is still acting up but can do without for now :)

Comment

That's a nice looking F30 there and well written intro :D

Welcome to our humble house and glad that you've found a car that gives you the chills. That M Package looks great as well! It's a nice add-on to the car. Post a pic to the rear as well, everyone loves to see some butt action :P

Enjoy!
      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

haha! Thanks for the welcome Rafik!

Proud to be the owner of this beauty... Think am going to name her Siara, which means pure/holy and also translates into car in Arabic... :p

Here is an image of her derriere...

FullSizeRender 17.jpgFullSizeRender 27.jpgIMG_5096.jpg

Comment

Congrats on the new ride. Good choice.

I was also stuck on the S3 at some point. Although technically its a great ride - the engine I've heard wears down faster due to an insane amount of compression going to a 4 cyl. Also the rear sear space isnt very encouraging.

As for the halogens on the 330i - well the dubai dealer has all LCI Models with halogens

With the LCI BMW has decided to stop Xenon production for LCI models and onwards.

so for headlights BMW will now offer
          Halogen + LED DRL ==> LED Lights + LED DRL ===> Adaptive LED Lights + LED DRL ===> Laser Lights (BMW 7 only for now)

Someone in AGMC who built the BMW for their stock made a total bummer on the lights.

I'm also looking out for aftermarket LED lights (OEM or otherwise)

Lemme know if you come across something.

Have fun with the new ride..!

Comment

Congrats ! love the intro :)

Looking forward to seeing you at our upcoming events! Now that you got the M-kit on the car, the M performance add-ons will easily fit enhancing the look of the car! Happy modding ;)
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

[MENTION=189614]bhushir[/MENTION]

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the welcome! Ya, true, somebody at AGMC messed up with the specs and the halogen. Oh well, it'll do for now. Also, don't regret getting the 330 over the S3 one bit. Have been driving the car for about 2 weeks now and the handling is just perfect! How's the 340? Have you christened her yet?
              [MENTION=31]Wazif[/MENTION]

Definitely looking forward to meeting fellow BMW enthusiasts. As for modding, will probably start once the warranty runs out... :p

Comment

Working...
              X