Bhushir // 340i m-sport // B58 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bhushir // 340i m-sport // B58 engine

Hi folks. Thank you for letting me be a part of the club.

Just took delivery of the all new 340i series yesterday - 27th Dec '15

After driving a MK6 GTI for 5 years, I felt the 340i was a worthy successor to my previous car. So this is my first ever BMW.

I love the machine, and the new engine. Took me 6 months to bottom down to it. Was confused between the Merc C400, Jag XE S and the BMW 340i.

But finally I chose the bimmer. And whats more - its a total sleeper. You would never know it has so much of power unless you look at the 340 badge.

Very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was waiting for this introduction!

You sir are the first one to join our with the all new F30 340i!

You are definitely right, these things are ultimate sleepers. Looks like a normal sedan, but is almost as fast as an M3! Please do post more pics.

I personally would love to have a ride in those to feel how fast they are!

Once again, welcome to this club and please make yourself comfortable :D
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Welcome to the club and to the BMW Family Bhushir...looking forward to meeting you and your new ride at our events soon :)

Congratulations and enjoy the car!
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Welcome to the Club and you are the first club member with a 340i i think! Soo you can enjoy the exclusivity :) right Tarek?!

sigpic
        Current
        E92 M3 2011
        # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
        # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
        # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
        E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
        # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
        # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
        # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

whats the price for 340i in UAE? big difference to m3?

Comment

Hi all. Thank you for the warm welcome. Yep the first 340i to the forum

I got it for AED 250,000 . Not sure how much the M3 costs. This already was beyond my budget. But i got it nonetheless

Will post some more pics when its day light

Comment

Do you have the facelifted lights by any chance??
              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

No [emoji46][emoji15]

Was a total bummer. I love the new LED lights but couldn't get them

The dubai dealership had a 340i+M sport + halogen lights. I had sold my GTI already so couldnt get a custom trim from them. Not enough time.

The abu dhabi dealership 340i + non M sport + adaptive LED. I wanted the M sport package. No compromise there

below is the pic from the auh dealer

Below is the pic of my halogens

I even wrote to Gulf New's wheels magazine - that how can a dealer sell a top of the line 3 series with halogen lights. They raised the concern to BMW ME - but i guess the response was kind of defensive from BMW. The letter even got printed in the last Friday Edition of Wheels magazine [emoji12]

Lets see. I'm already scouting for information if at all I can install LEDs on my car

Fingers crossed

Comment

Welcome to the family. I drive a 335 and I am pretty sure the 340 is amazing to drive.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                  Tarek Ghannam

Comment

You can't go wrong with a bimmer. Congrats and welcome to the club

Comment

2 weeks in - few impressions

Dear all,
                      So its been 2 weeks I got the 340i, and wanted to share some thoughts on the new car (my opinions come after driving the GTI for about 5 years - just FYI). Some things might be assumed wrong - and please correct me if you feel so.

And although I was told the break-in period was ~ 2000 kms, I couldnt help but do spurts of Sport level driving lasting about 3-4 mins each every day (man what adrenaline rush! I hope I didnt damage the car)

The engine
                      This car was bought because of the engine. And I feel I made the right choice. In Comfort mode its as supple as a lexus, but in sport it becomes a total beast. The ZF transmission I felt would never match the DSG (dual clutch) gear boxes, but they're just about there. There's no gaps in response, and the car literally 'kicks' into the next gear. I love the exhaust notes too. Once I was driving up a covered parking - and since I had walls on both sides, I could hear the exhaust note very clearly. The exhaust note has a hint of 'burble'.. that was epic. The twin scroll turbo really makes sure there's literally no turbo lag, a big one-up from the GTI. (during the GTI tenure, there have been times on the road, when I realise a car is going to shove in between me and the car ahead of me - i accelerate to reduce the gap trying to stop anyone from shoving in between, and the turbo lag just gives away the opportunity.. by the time the car gets the booth, the guy wanting to shove in has already shoved in.. :curse: )

Rear wheel drive
                      Big update to GTI. The RWD inspires confidence on curves I never knew existed. I can confidently accelerate out of a curve, and know that the wheels will stick to the ground.

Steering and Handling
                      so in comfort mode the steering is the lightest (but not as free as what you'd find in an Audi A6 or something), but in Sport mode the steering goes hard, real hard. This is great when speeding - because it gives more confidence, but when lets say i slow down and go below 10kmph it becomes really hard to take turns on the steering. but no complaints.

seating
                      My car doesnt have the 4 way lumbar support adjustment (it has side supports adjustment), and there's a very prominent lumbar support on the lower back of the seat. I wish i could reduce the bump somehow. can get annoying to me.

iDrive
                      Car infotainment system I tend to nit pick on the most - and so it just had to be good.. the iDrive while I feel trumps most other infotainment solutions in other brands has some shortfalls. Any advise here will be highly appreciated.
                      1. The sound output on Radio source is significantly better than BT from an iphone. This is a strange bit - the output from iphone sounds pretty flat, but the radio sounds more deeper, with all the trebles and bass in the right amount. (frustrating)

2. Sudden tempo increase when listening via BT. I've realised this few times - that there's a sudden increase in the song 'tempo' when I'm playing via BT.. again no solutions here

3. No pause button! I need to push the volume button which mutes/pauses the song. This is a wee bit strange

4. No Android auto/apple car play - Merc C class got car play. Dunno why BMW is delaying the launch of these add-ons

thats it for now i guess! I'd love the feedback/questions from the PROs in the forum. Until then, Ciao

Comment

great write up Bhushir...can see you are enjoying the car and really exploring the move to BMW from VW :) i like that! hopefully its a brand that will stick with you for life. It usually is the case for many people. Even though there may be some drawbacks, the drive and feel of a BMW makes up for most of it :)
                        Current
                        E92 M3 - Mineral White
                        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                        E36 318is
                        E39 540i ///M sport
                        VW CC
                        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

[MENTION=189614]bhushir[/MENTION]

Very well written update. I think we got our cars around the same date. Haven't put it in sports mode yet but...damn! The acceleration in comfort itself is super fast and smooth! I might be exaggerating a bit coming from a Nissan Sunny (driving school car), but the BMW a quality piece of work!

With regard to the audio, have you tried connecting your iphone via usb cable/aux? The quality out of USB and aux is significantly better than BT. I agree that the audio sometimes doesn't feel quite right. Will give it a month or two to break in fully...and then probably go in for BSW Stage 1 kit.

Are you thinking of modding your car now or keeping it as it is (for now)? Btw, digging the M brake pads!

Comment

Originally posted by shiladitya.majumdar View Post
                            [MENTION=189614]bhushir[/MENTION]

Very well written update. I think we got our cars around the same date. Haven't put it in sports mode yet but...damn! The acceleration in comfort itself is super fast and smooth! I might be exaggerating a bit coming from a Nissan Sunny (driving school car), but the BMW a quality piece of work!

With regard to the audio, have you tried connecting your iphone via usb cable/aux? The quality out of USB and aux is significantly better than BT. I agree that the audio sometimes doesn't feel quite right. Will give it a month or two to break in fully...and then probably go in for BSW Stage 1 kit.

Are you thinking of modding your car now or keeping it as it is (for now)? Btw, digging the M brake pads!
                            Thanks man!!

For the audio i use the usb connection for now. I think it will do.

Dont intend to add any mods (cosmetic or performance for now) still need to get over the money i spent on this! Haha

My priority 1 is getting LED or Xenon lights. And from what it looks i'll need to shell out at least 10k aed

Comment

Working...
                            X