Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michal M4

Hi all,
    so first my English is not the best one so i hope we understand each other.
    Im 33 years old from Slovakia but i lived last 8 years in Romania-Bucharest and since this September im here working in Dubai.
    In my live i was owner of lot of cars m3 e46, z4m coupe, sti 2007, sti2011, megane rs 250, clio sport , evo ix, audi rs4...
    I ordered an Bmw m4 in Europe so im waiting for delivery.
    Maybe someone form you have an idea and some tips for the delivery from europe to Dubai.
    I ordered and Eu spec there was no possibility to order UAE spec.
    the car will have 0 km and im buying it from my mother it needed to be on her name because it was diplomatic sale.
    Will i have any problems when i get the car here? do i need a sales contract between me and my mother? Bmw told me that i will have 2 years warranty i hope it will be so.
    What oil are you using ? i think for this temperatures i will have to use different one than in europe. so after the first 2000km when i need to change it whats the best one here in Dubai?

And one more question can somebody take me to meetings of bmw club? :) or i will join with my rented Kia rio:))

Have a nice day all
    PS: delivery probably february in europe that means 1-2 months until i get the car here

Hi Michal,

congratulations on your new car. feel free to come at the meeting point during our events and speak with our marshals, they will find you someone to take you with till your car comes.

your mother needs to be here to change the ownership from her name to your name. or get her to issue a document of power of attorney accredited from europe so that you can change the name to yours when the car is here.

Comment

Welcome on board Michal! As Bruno said, come to AGMC and im sure some of our members can take you on board. The oil we use is the manufacturer spec as per the factory instructions. So i believe it should be the same as what is being used in EU considering the broad range of temperatures oils are designed to perform at. You should have no issues at all.

Looking forward to seeing your car in person soon
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

HI, thx for the invitation:) so when is the next meeting? im normaly working monday - friday but maybe i cant take day off if it is on friday.
        Btw here is my configuration if i missed something i still can change it because i wanted that the car will be produced in 2016(january)
        Vehicle
        Model code Make Model description
        3R91 BMW M4 Coupé
        300 Alpine White
        ZAOW BMW Individual extended leather trim Opal White
        Code Description
        1CA Selection of COP relevant vehicles
        230 EU-specific supplementary equipment
        2MK M double-clutch transmission with Drivelogic
        2PA Locking wheel bolts
        2VB Tyre Pressure Monitor
        2VF Adaptive M running gear
        2VZ 19" Lt/Aly wheels Double-spoke 437 M/mixed tyres, black
        322 Comfort access system
        3AG Rear view camera
        423 Floor mats in velour
        428 Warning triangle
        430 Interior and exterior mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle function
        431 Interior rear-view mirror with automatic anti-dazzle function
        459 Seat adjustment, electrical with memory
        488 Lumbar support for driver and front passenger
        490 Seat backrest width adjustment
        493 Storage compartment package
        4AE Armrest front, sliding
        4WL Interior trim finishers 'Carbon Fibre' with highlight trim fin. Black Chrome
        502 Headlight washer system
        508 Park Distance Control (PDC)
        521 Rain sensor
        534 Automatic air conditioning
        544 Cruise control with braking function
        548 Speedometer with kilometer reading
        552 Adaptive LED headlights
        563 Lights package
        575 Additional 12V power socket
        5AC High-beam assistant
        5AG Lane Change Warning
        5DA Front passenger airbag deactivation
        5DL Surround View
        609 Navigation system Professional
        610 BMW Head-Up Display
        676 HiFi loudspeaker system
        698 Area Code 2 for DVD
        6AC Intelligent Emergency Call
        6AE Teleservices
        6NH Hands-free facility with USB interface
        6UH Traffic Information
        775 BMW Individual headliner anthracite
        845 Acoustic seat-belt warning
        853 Language version English
        8AK Slovakian / on-board documentation
        8KA Oil service interval 24 months/30,000 km
        8TH Speed Limit Info
        925 Shipping protection package
        962 Registration-plate carrier front, deletion
        9AA External skin protection
        XT1 BMW Individual instrument panel finishedin leather

i know i didnt ordered the top hifi and no carbon brakes but my budged was already finished:(

Comment

Check the events section of the forum. The breakfast drive to Bab Al Shams is on Friday, 18th December. Meeting at 0730hrs at AGMC on SZR.
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Buna seara prieten ! Have also lived in Bucharest more than 5 years ago !

So to make the long story short, i seriously doubt that in case of any serious problem, your car will be repaired under warranty.

You see , it is not GCC specs that stands for cars imported in UAE-Qatar-Saudi etc . BMW build cars and sell them for usage under specific conditions . They cannot guarantee that a car that was built to run under 50 celsius will perform without problems at -10 celcius and vice versa.

Speak with your dealer in Slovakia or Romania . And speak with the insurance company in Dubai . They have more experience . Make sure they understand completely your issue. Take written answer if possible.

The local dealer in Dubai is a unique business and i mean that they dont have competition . You have not seen anything like this even in Germany . Its Sheikh Zayed main facilities seems like a huge supermarket . Huge , not flexible and doesnt give you the feeling of exclusivity you expect as an M car owner. There is no personal relation .

BMW has some of the best goodwill services in the world. AGMC treats its customers very very well . But if you are not their customer, expect basics to the minimum.

Comment

on board Michal! I missed this thread somehow.

Hope your M4 lands in safely, do try to come to our event. I'm sure you can hitch a ride with one of us.

Take care!
              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I think BMWs come with a 2 year international warranty, not sure on mileage though. Have a talk with a service advisor or better the service manager at one of the dealerships, I think what's usually recommended is to re-program the ecu for the difference in fuel quality and the service intervals are shorter due to the hot and dusty conditions

Comment

:)

i hope that 2 years international warranty will be given to me here:)
                  i will try to come to the drift day on 8 jan but it is friday and im working:((

if someone got a good shipping company let me know

have a nice evening

Comment

Hey buddy, welcome to the frey. Looking forwards to seeing this M4 :D what Z4m did you have previous? :D
                    Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Michal M4

I know one company whom
                      Shipped my stuff from Germany to here... They also shipp alot of classic cars from around europe to here and vice versa

Company is called tethys-logistics.

Send email to amar@tethys-logistics.com
                      And thomas@pangaeacargo.com ( they are the same company and partners uae/germany)

Reference my name ( Ramy from BMWCLUB UAE)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by shockerg1; 28-12-2015, 09:50 AM. Reason: New address
                      sigpic
                      Current
                      E92 M3 2011
                      # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
                      # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
                      # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
                      E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
                      # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
                      # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
                      # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Originally posted by Vanne View Post
                        Hey buddy, welcome to the frey. Looking forwards to seeing this M4 :D what Z4m did you have previous? :D
                        Black z4 m coupe i think i can find a pic somewhere:)

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by shockerg1 View Post
                        I know one company whom
                        Shipped my stuff from Germany to here... They also shipp alot of classic cars from around europe to here and vice versa

Company is called tethys-logistics.

Send email to amar@tethys-logistics.com
                        And thomas@pangaeacargo.com ( they are the same company and partners uae/germany)

Reference my name ( Ramy from BMWCLUB UAE)

hi thx a lot im already speaking with them waiting for better offer because 3500 euro from italy is too much

- - - - - - - - - -

and finally a good news after only bad news from already my ex gf:(

We are pleased to inform you that the car of your choice is currently being manufactured at our plant.
                        Your BMW M4 Coupé

is now taking shape and the vehicle’s body has already been stamped with the following
                        VIN:
                        m2_Main.JPGm3_Main.JPGm4_Main.JPG

Comment

Wow ! Colour combo is amazing

sigpic
                          Current
                          E92 M3 2011
                          # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
                          # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
                          # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
                          E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
                          # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
                          # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
                          # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

hey mate, how is it going? any news? update on your car? just wanted to say be careful about importing a brand new car into UAE, you will no doubt piss off the representative family who owns the brand here in Dubai. older car, no problem, new car, not so easy. my buddy had a brand spanker Range Rover, that he shipped over here to dubai. got here fine, but then the respective authorities refused to release the car to the owner. this was solved in the end by my buddy having to sell the brand new car to RangeRover Dubai, and then purchasing the same car back off them sans any savings that he had importing the car. In the end the cost was the same as the car price in Dubai plus the shipping.

please be careful and do your research mate.

wish you all the best.
                            Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanne View Post
                              hey mate, how is it going? any news? update on your car? just wanted to say be careful about importing a brand new car into UAE, you will no doubt piss off the representative family who owns the brand here in Dubai. older car, no problem, new car, not so easy. my buddy had a brand spanker Range Rover, that he shipped over here to dubai. got here fine, but then the respective authorities refused to release the car to the owner. this was solved in the end by my buddy having to sell the brand new car to RangeRover Dubai, and then purchasing the same car back off them sans any savings that he had importing the car. In the end the cost was the same as the car price in Dubai plus the shipping.

please be careful and do your research mate.

wish you all the best.
                              I'm quite sure that won't happen. I know of a person who brought in a brand new 650 coupe and later on an m6. There are certain procedures they have to follow to validate your warranty. I think the process was transferring warranty from country A to country B and gets sent to BMW. Talk with the service center and find out what needs to be done. If anything is off or they give you any grief I can put you in contact with the guys here in sharjah. Just this month this was also done to a rolls royce, guy bought and used it abroad for a few months then brought it here.

Comment

Working...
                              X