Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Introduction

Hello Everyone -

New member to the Club and new to Dubai. Recently relocated from Montreal Canada. I have been very involved in the BMW Club of Quebec for the past 14 years where I occupied various Director positions as well as the Chief Driving Instructor from 2006 to 2013. I am also a licensed BMW Club Racer. Currently in the process of importing my race car from Montreal to Dubai and expecting it to land hopefully around mid-December.

The race car was a labour of true love and passion. I have owned this Coupe for 13 years and it has certainly gone through various transformations. The last transformation into a full blown race car took 2.5 years to complete and was meticulously executed to fit my requirements. The chassis build alone took one year to complete... From acid dipping, seem welding, inner skin removal, cage welding, sand blasting to a final stage of zinc-based powder coating :) You can find the entire build album here: Photos by Cherif Gress - Google Photos

I've been lucky enough to own multiple BMW's through the years, here is a quick list...
    1992 E36 325i (eventually converted into a Club racing car)
    1998 E36 M3 Sedan
    1988 E30 M3 (Dedicate Race Car)
    2008 E90 M3 Sedan
    2013 Z4 (last generation)
    2013 E92 M3 Coupe (w/ comp package, the one that broke my heart when I had to sell it before leaving Canada)

I have a real passion for cars of all sorts and I love driving on the track. I am looking forward in getting to know the local BMW members/drivers and certainly hope I can somewhat contribute to this chapter.

Nice to meet you all :)

C.
    Last edited by chifo; 24-11-2015, 09:32 AM.

welcome on board chifo! glad to have an experienced personnel with us. I'm sure your contribution will be valuable to our club and its members. I look forward to meeting you at our upcoming events soon.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Welcome Chifo..

that build though!!

Come meet us i would like to rant about how expenssive is a track day on Circuit Mont-Tremblant

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. Bruno the financials at Circuit Mont-Tremblant will make you have an ulcer ;) But would love to meet... is there anything planned soon?

Comment

Welcome to the forum Chifo!! Great having you here.

Great build on the 666 M coupe. I cant wait to see it in person.
          I have also shipped my E30 from Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaa.B View Post
            Welcome to the forum Chifo!! Great having you here.

Great build on the 666 M coupe. I cant wait to see it in person.
            I have also shipped my E30 from Canada.
            Thanks for the welcome Alaa!
            The E30 still remains my favourite M3. Hold on to that one, they're going up in value :) At the next meet, I'll show you photos of my previous E30 M3 racer...

With a bit of luck the container with my car should be in Dubai by December 15th!

Comment

This is some interesting list!!

Welcome to our humble house! Make your self comfortable and feel free to surf around. Most importantly keep an eye on future events ;)

Do post some pictures of your previous rides :D
              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Here are a few...

Sparring you the tow vehicle collection which was mainly comprised of multiple Jeep Gr Cherokee's and a couple of Ford F-150s :)
                Attached Files

Comment

I like that you have a soft spot for e36s.... I have that problem too! Welcome to the club! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  sigpic
                  Current
                  E92 M3 2011
                  # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
                  # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
                  # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
                  E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
                  # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
                  # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
                  # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Originally posted by shockerg1 View Post
                    I like that you have a soft spot for e36s.... I have that problem too! Welcome to the club! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I always did have a soft spot for E36s, although its been a while since I've owned one. I particularly liked them in the sedan form factor. That burgundy one you see in the photos, was my first BMW. Bought in the late 90's and it was 92 model. When I bought it, it had already 160k kms on the dash. I drove for 60k before I turned into a Club car. It was never trailered and I must have had over 150 track days on it when I sold it. The best part is, it always brought me back home no matter how the track was. It was solid as a rock!

But when I first sat in the M Coupe back in 1998 that stole my heart... I waited 3 years in Montreal to find a suitable used one within my budget. Back then there were only 5 in the whole province... Eventually found the one I own today... I don't think I'll ever have the heart to get rid of it (especially now after all the money I sank in it :w00t:

You can find more pics of those cars here: iCloud Photo Sharing

Really glad I found this Club :)

Comment

Sweet Lord! That E30 M3 is gorgeous!! :love:

Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                      eMail:
                      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RAFiK View Post
                        Sweet Lord! That E30 M3 is gorgeous!! :love:

+100000000
                        Current
                        E92 M3 - Mineral White
                        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                        E36 318is
                        E39 540i ///M sport
                        VW CC
                        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Welcome Chifo..
                          sigpic
                          • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                          and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Working...
                          X