Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Newbie

Hi Guys,

I've been snooping around the forum and various other BMW sites for a while and figured now is a good time to join here since I have finally gotten myself back into a BMW.

I am originally from the UK and I have always liked BMW cars from an early age. Over the years I have owned an E30 316, E34 520i 24v and E38 730 V8. My E30 was written off in a motorway accident with an undercover police car (not my fault), the E34 was the replacement and subsequently traded in for the E38. My E38 was eventually sold in order to fund a new kitchen (yes a kitchen!) in a fixer-upper property which is still my current family home in the UK today. I was very sad the day I sold the E38 :(

Since then I have owned and/or driver many different types of cars, but have always wanted to get back into a 7er and finally I am the proud owner of a 2011 F02 730li. My head ruled over my heart when selecting the engine and I opted for the (hopefully) more maintenance friendly Straight 6 NA engine, I believe the code is N52B30.

Anyways, I thought I should pop in here and introduce myself and say hi.

Hey there!

Welcome to our humble house!

Interesting collection you've had through the time, unfortunate is that you still don't have them. We all have our stories with old Bimmers :P.

The F02 is a piece of art, we've got one at home as well, a 2011 750Li. I never get bored from driving it!

Do post some pictures of it :D
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Please share pics of your E Gen (Y)
      - E82, 1M - Current
      • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
      - E30, 316 Touring - Current
      • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
      - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
      E36, 318 Touring Sold
      E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

Welcome on board propus! nice collection of cars....specially the e38....i love that car...been on the lookout for a clean example.... the F02 is a beauty! the 750i is the one to have, but i agree with your decision on going for the 730i for a hassle free experience. I've heard the 750i can give issues if not proprely taken care of...

hope to see you and your ride at our events and meets
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

you came to the right place. welcome

Comment

Welcome onboard my fellow Brit! I Have to say, i did the same thing when i bought my second car a few months back ( which is a Merc E200 btw instead of the e300.. ahem not shamed 8-) ) and it turned out that it was a brilliant decision, because of the petrol prices going up , so congrats Brain !:thumbsup2:
            sigpic
            Current
            E92 M3 2011
            # White Angel Eyes # Carbon fibre Roof # Silverstone II Metallic with Full extended Red Interior
            # H&R sport springs #19' APEX ACR-8 rims with P-zero tyres # Bimmertech Tv system
            # Full IPE F1 Exhaust system all sections , with GINTANI burble tune

Previous
            E36 M3 Evo Convertible 'me Jane'
            # Manual 5 speed with Auto LSD 3.38 with Individual Magma Interior # BBS LMs 18 Rims with Chrome Lip
            # UUC shortshifter & UUC aluminium Flywheel and E39 M5 clutch Kit # Long Beach Blue Metallic

E60 M5 'me Julie'
            # Eisennmann Race Exhaust # Updated Rear Lights

Comment

Hi guys,

I can't believe I joined here over a month ago and I haven't had the chance to get logged back in. Work is pretty busy right now... which I guess is something not to be complained about.

I forgot to add to the previous BMW collection my wife's BMW Z4 3.0SE which we had for a good few years. I had a wee drive of that every now and then, but sports cars aren't my thing. That one was sold to a friend for a bargain prior to moving to UAE.

Through a bit of research I believe the F02 730li has the same engine as our Z4 which made my decision a bit easier. The 750's in other parts of the world are having major problems and are undergoing a voluntary recall or Customer Care Package as BMW call it in order to try and reduce the number of catastrophic engine failures. I've had experience with the old Nikasil liner problems on the old V8 engines and this new engine problem caused alarm bells in my head... which sucks because I REALLY wanted a 750li :love:

Having already seen 4-5 BMW 750's broken down at the side of the road over the last couple of months I'm hopeful BMW will do something to rectify the problem here in the UAE. Maybe someday (soonish) I'll persuade myself to go back to a V8 7er especially since the G series has come along.

I did notice a stutter on my car this weekend under load and low revs, but I'll post about that in the correct part of the forum.

Anyways, thanks guys for the warm welcome. I'm sure this forum will give me loads of help in the years to come and hopefully I'll learn to know my current BMW like the back of my hand as I did my previous ones.

Comment

Welcome Mate !! :thumbsup2: (Y) :laugh: :D
                Hope you get the issue with the car fixed soon :)

Comment

Working...
                X