New member with an 87 635CSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member with an 87 635CSI

Hi all, New to the forum but my family have had a long relationship with BMWs. The last BMW I had was an E70 X5 that ended up with a straight pipe exhaust and having the 21" wheels swapped out to 18" every weekend for the desert.

I recently bought an 87 635CSI that I'll be restoring and surprising my father with as I felt it might be the favourite BMW he has driven.
    Parts have arrived from Germany and US, so hopefully I can start next week on the overhaul and make some progress with her. (Brake+suspension overhaul, complete replacement of rubber parts bushings/seals/trim, fix up the wiring, fix up the interior, finally a complete re-spray and get some BBS wheels on.)

Hope to officially join the club membership soon and bring out the 6-er once she's all nice and pretty.

Regards
    Sultan

Welcome on board Sultan! Love the classic 6 ...she is just so beautiful! Can't wait to see the restored version

Please join us tomorrow for our Iftar event.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Wazif, Unfortunately I'll be pretty busy in the weekend so won't be able to make it, Also the 6 needs a temp sensor for the AC and to fix some of the wiring with to get it to be drivable during the day :$

Comment

Our garage, the black land cruiser is not there by mistake that's my daily driver and desert rig, The red 6 is a loaner there's meant to be another 7 in that spot, currently in service.

Comment

Welcome to the club Sultan.

I love the E24 635 CSi. Enjoy in good health.
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Welcome. Love that 6er
            EURO 04 M3
            Current Mods:GC DA's, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo Corners, M5 SMG Knob, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffuser, DIETZ TV in Motion, AP Headers, RT Cats, SS Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, GM SMG Paddles, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R Projectors + 3k D2S, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace

Comment

Welcome to the club, amazing collection mashalla
              • E46 Coupé‎ "Ra2oosh" - Current
              • E36 Convertible "Emily" - Sold
              • E34 Sedan - Engine Blown

Comment

on board :)
                Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Thanks all for the warm welcome! I'll keep a close eye on the upcoming meets and jump in if possible, I'm pretty busy in ramadan so if not possible then definitely after. It would be great to meet you all.

Comment

wow thats an impressive collection....would like to see more clearer pics ;)
                    Current
                    E92 M3 - Mineral White
                    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                    E36 318is
                    E39 540i ///M sport
                    VW CC
                    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Welcome to the club [MENTION=189355]///DN[/MENTION], Mashalah impressive line of cars.

BTW how does the X5 perform in the desert?
                      - E82, 1M - Current
                      • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
                      - E30, 316 Touring - Current
                      • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
                      - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
                      E36, 318 Touring Sold
                      E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

as long as you dont stop in the desert then you're fine.

Welcome to the club

Comment

X5 actually performed well in the desert considering what it is. Of course ground clearance is an issue but performance wasn't a problem. I actually outclimbed that Qatar patrol in the picture. One issue was the gearbox will always keep shifting but I figured out if you downshift and hold the gear selector down and not let go it will actuall lock in to that gear and bang off the rev-limiter but once back on the road your transmission programming is in a sort of safety mode so you would need to get it reprogrammed which was a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by ///DN View Post
                            X5 actually performed well in the desert considering what it is. Of course ground clearance is an issue but performance wasn't a problem. I actually outclimbed that Qatar patrol in the picture. One issue was the gearbox will always keep shifting but I figured out if you downshift and hold the gear selector down and not let go it will actuall lock in to that gear and bang off the rev-limiter but once back on the road your transmission programming is in a sort of safety mode so you would need to get it reprogrammed which was a pain.
                            That is interesting did not expect such positive feedback from the boss in the desert.

Thanks for sharing!
                            - E82, 1M - Current
                            • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
                            - E30, 316 Touring - Current
                            • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
                            - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
                            E36, 318 Touring Sold
                            E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

I am more interested in that line up :wub:

That 7er is just beautiful, and is that an M4 parked there?

Post more pictures man of those ladies!
                              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                              eMail:
                              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                              X