Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie ... E46 M3!!! :-)

So....

After 4 month of having had almost everything off it and slowly putting it back together .. The car finally runs as it should (Thanks Shak (Y) )

Being from 2003 and with a previous owner that kept it in a garage. A lot of work was needed. All Bushings has been changed, suspension, subframebushings, brakes, Audio-system, interior-parts .. the whole lot! Itīs not perfect yet, but slowly getting there :-)

I have decided for a more track orientated setup with AP Racing Brakes and Bilstein B16 coilovers.. Regarding the audio system, after careful investigation of the marked options. I have decided to go with a Alpine iLX-700 headunit (Apple Carplay!) Match Amplifier/processor, Match sub and DLS speaker units. Sounds good, but needs a bit of fine-tuning.

Attached Files

The e46 m3 is on the top of my list of favorite BMW's! Congrats and welcome on board :)

it is difficult to find a clean example. Nice to see that a lot of hard work is being put into this baby to get her back in shape :)
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Respect for spending that kind of money. Enjoying an M in tip top condition is simply one of the finer things in life. Well done.
      Life is a journey. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy it in a BMW.

Comment

A friend of mine had a similar car back home in 2007... One ride in that and I was hooked. 😘 I would probably never be able to get my money back (at least not in the UAE) but since this is a keeper, I don't mind spending a bit of money ...
        Next batch of parts are en route. New Vanos unit from Dr. Vanos, new CSL rims, a CSL carbon Airbox combined with a little bit of Simon Motorsport TLC 😉

Comment

Congratulations! Enjoy in good health.
          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by D328 View Post
            A friend of mine had a similar car back home in 2007... One ride in that and I was hooked.  I would probably never be able to get my money back (at least not in the UAE) but since this is a keeper, I don't mind spending a bit of money ...
            Next batch of parts are en route. New Vanos unit from Dr. Vanos, new CSL rims, a CSL carbon Airbox combined with a little bit of Simon Motorsport TLC 
            Wow the airbox is pure drool. I'm envious.

Comment

Well... The original airbox is crazy expensive :scared: So I went for one that looks pretty much the same, and cost less...

image.jpg
              Last edited by D328; 25-06-2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Hey it sounds the same, looks the same and gives similar gains at much less cost :) That's a win. If only for the sound alone I would love one.

A friend of mine used to have a CSL in south africa. Number 15 of 65. The sound that thing makes gives me sleepless nights...

Comment

welcome and get ready to fulfill your track duty when time comes

Comment

Working...
                  X