Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member - E46 M3

Hi All,

Recently bought a 2003 E46 in Silver from a friend but unfortunately, had an accident and its already in the shop!
    Hopefully have it back on the road in the next couple of weeks and will be planning to attend some meets in the future!

Hi Kevaldo...welcome on board! would love to see pics of the car...do post some...

when will you get the car back from the shop?
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Hey Wazif.

I'll be uploading some pics in the next few days of the car.
      It'll be around the end of May before I get it back on the road :(.

I have it getting body work done just now while I source the parts needed for the mechanical repairs. The prices here from the dealer were far too high so I have bought a lot in the UK and shipping them here when I am back home next month!

Plenty of things planned for the car though :D.

Comment

yea...its always cheaper to get them from EU/US....but some large parts end up being costlier due to dim weight shipping charges.

Is the damage that extensive? what happened (if you dont mind me asking)?
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

No not at all!
          I was driving to a friends house and when I came off a roundabout, the back end came away from underneath me due to sand on the road. I corrected by full locking to the left, DSC kicked in and the car fishtailed into a crash barrier :'(.
          Right side took the full force of the impact.
          Front right fender, indicator, rear light unit, back right panel and side moldings are badly damaged and the back right axle is badly damaged also. Pretty much need to rebuild the back right axle.

Took it to The X Service centre in Al Quoz and given a list of the parts required (AED 12k+ incl. labour).

I've managed to already save myself around AED 4k on the parts that I have ordered and still have more to source. Luckily, I still have my first car which hasn't sold yet so I am still able to get around! Once I have the parts, I will get it back in for the mechanical repairs and be back on the road with it soon.

Comment

thats unfortunate :( where in UAE was this? should complain to the RTA about the loose gravel/sand on the road. it can happen to the most experienced of drivers if road conditions are bad!
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Welcome on board mate, such stuff could happen to anyone but I am a bit surprised the DSC couldn't correct this in time :s

looking forward to meeting you when your car is ready

Comment

Working...
              X