Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to BMW, looking forward to meets and fun drives :D

Hi there,

My name is Mohammed. I'm an Emarati national in Dubai, but for the past 2 years I've been working in South Korea. Before living there I used to be a 4x4 offroading type of guy, but while living in SK I've realized how nice driving on a road with a good saloon car is. After coming back, I've decided to put the following requirements on what car I get
    - It has to have a super convenient computer system such that it almost completely replaces my need for using my phone while driving.
    - It has to have "tight" driving capability (i.e. able to corner at high speeds)
    - It has to be comfortable, both for myself and passengers
    - Refuelling the tank should not be slow (big tank) and frequent (bad mileage)
    - It has to be small such that parking isn't a pain.
    - It has to look good.

So after browsing around I found that BMW does these things best. I'm a great fan of their style, and most impressive to me is their iDrive system (it semes that other car manufacturers can't do computer interfaces properly at all). Many people might disagree with me on this though.

I got the new BMW 435i Gran Coupe, and I'm extremely happy with it. Such an amazing car and I hope it stays with me for a long time.

I've learnt of the BMW club after visiting the Autodrome for a track day last week. Someone (can't remember his name) with a 650i Coupe (I think) mentioned it. Previously I used to think only Porsche had a "Club" but I'm happy to see that I'm wrong :D

Computer Science and Engineering is also my line of work and I am very passionate about what I do. I'm in the space business (KhalifaSat and Emirates Mars Mission) and I do enjoy a good discussion about all things computers, software and hardware, programming languages and code, data structures and algorithms, space, going to Mars, etc. :D

I'm looking forward to meeting new people and going on excellent road trips. :D Please to meet all of you. It might be obvious from my post but I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to cars. This BMW is actually the first car I own (previously it was the family car, or company cars). So please go easy on me!

One question: what's with the front page? How long was it under construction? :P
    Last edited by 9a3eedi; 22-04-2015, 06:14 PM.

Hi Mohammed, welcome to the club mate :)

Thanks for the cool intro and when your able, please post up some pics of the 4 series Gran Coupe. :) nice car that one. How do you like it so far? and how did your day go at the Motordrome track day? (intro track day?)

Good to have you aboard mate. Your job sounds like fun.

Cheers
    Vanne
    Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Welcome on board buddy :) love the intro...and i look forward to meeting you and talking about the space programs as well as BMWs :)

yes, the front page has been under construction for a while :) but we are working closely with a new IT team to help build it up. If you have any ideas or can help, I'd be more than willing to meet and discuss

Cheers!
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Great Intro!

Welcome to the club, and im glad the 435 fits your needs, the BMW E30 has all what you're looking for excluding the phone and connectivity part :drool:

In regards to the home page, as wazif said its work in progress but we have a reason and you will know why pretty soon, stay tuned for the event in May to find out why!;P

Hope to see you around!
        - E82, 1M - Current
        • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
        - E30, 316 Touring - Current
        • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
        - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
        E36, 318 Touring Sold
        E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

That's a long intro :P

on board!

A BMW never fails to amuse it's driver and always gives the sheer driving pleasure. Hope to see you soon in our future events!
          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
          eMail:
          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Vanne View Post
            Hi Mohammed, welcome to the club mate :)

Thanks for the cool intro and when your able, please post up some pics of the 4 series Gran Coupe. :) nice car that one. How do you like it so far? and how did your day go at the Motordrome track day? (intro track day?)

Good to have you aboard mate. Your job sounds like fun.

Cheers
            Vanne
            Oh yes! Pictures! Forgot about that! Here are some pics from the autodrome

The track day was great. This was my second time. The first 20 minute session went pretty bad as there were a lot of people and many of them didn't follow the rules (trying to overtake at turns, not allow others to overtake, tailgating, etc.).. but the rest of the day went very well as half of the people who came seem to have left (along with most of the bad ones) and I had a lot of fun. I would definitely go again, perhaps on a more advanced group.

I just don't want to go too hard on my car though :P It's still new

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
            Welcome on board buddy :) love the intro...and i look forward to meeting you and talking about the space programs as well as BMWs :)

yes, the front page has been under construction for a while :) but we are working closely with a new IT team to help build it up. If you have any ideas or can help, I'd be more than willing to meet and discuss

Cheers!
            I'm not much of a web developer but I'll be glad to give feedback when it comes up.

Here's one idea: make it so that events in the Calendar can be exported to Google Calendar or Outlook. (Y) Not sure if that's possible with vBulletin though

Originally posted by S.BAKI View Post
            Great Intro!

Welcome to the club, and im glad the 435 fits your needs, the BMW E30 has all what you're looking for excluding the phone and connectivity part :drool:

In regards to the home page, as wazif said its work in progress but we have a reason and you will know why pretty soon, stay tuned for the event in May to find out why!;P

Hope to see you around!
            Exciting. Glad to see there's something in the works

Good point about the E30 lol... but I placed a lot of emphasis on the electronics system of a car. Most cars can't seem to do electronics quite as well as a BMW can. Even BMWs from the late 90s had way more advanced computers than other cars from what I remember. It really makes a difference for me, it just makes driving way better with less distractions.

Originally posted by Rafik View Post
            That's a long intro :P

on board!

A BMW never fails to amuse it's driver and always gives the sheer driving pleasure. Hope to see you soon in our future events!
            hahah sorry I think I got too excited with the intro :P
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 9a3eedi; 29-04-2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the club
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Welcome on board mate

Comment

Working...
                X